~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 4, 2009

MckLinky Blog Hop- Encouragement

Verse-Psalm 18:28
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.


Thoughts-
Whenever we face situations in our lives where we do not know what to do, God lights the way in our darkness . We may even say "oh it just dawned on me" and that is because it is as if a light has been suddenly turned on and we have the answer and we know what to do. We receive counsel and wisdom from God and we can count on Him to come through in every situation.
Jesus said in John 8:12 " I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness. We are not limited to the ways of this world or its counsel. God's counsel and wisdom has been made available to us . He knows everything, He knows the past, the future, and the hearts of men, who could we trust more or find more dependable than God.
Even in the small matters in our lives, the everyday things not just major situations God is speaking and guiding us. We will hear Him, if we listen.
This week's Blog Hop is your favorite quote, spiritual passage , life lesson, saying, PHOTO or encouraging thought. Post your favorite or most meaningful, and then include a sentence or two about what it means to you personally, and how it can encourage other people in their lives.

MckLinky Blog Hop

28 comments:

  1. I love that verse. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Happy Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful blog! I love the name! And great thoughts - thank you for posting! Truly an encouragement today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your thoughts on this beautiful verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by...and in truth had the light come on this morning over something that was hindering my usually joyful outlook! Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, we do often take credit when it's God tapping us on the shoulder. Thanks for a thoughtful post.

    God Bless,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog and inspiration!

    Just blog hoppin! Feel free to visit me at
    FindHomeJob.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your encouraging thoughts. Just a friendly reminder about tomorrow. It's another post on “What would your children say?” “Wednesday” It’s going to be fun sharing all those wonderful adventures our children do and say. If you don’t have a kid, feel free to post something about your furry four legged family member. I can’t wait. Please tell us all about them. Hope to see you tomorrow. Go to the logo that says “What would your children say?” “Wednesday”, for full details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by. Your post is right on. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing all your thoughts! Well said and good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing this today! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to write this verse down right along with my favorite (James 1:5) They kind of go hand in hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog - I added a Subscription thing, so that should work now if you want to subscribe.

    Thanks for sharing that verse of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by. That picture was taken after some storms had come through a week or so ago.

    Your post is wonderful, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog! Nice to meet you:) I love the pic of you carrying your twins!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
    Thanks for sharing your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the encouraging and inspirational post. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lord, help me to listen! Great encouragement post Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very encouraging, thanks for sharing. Happy blogiversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're right...God cares about even the little things. After all, the little things added up make up the big things.
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hopping by my blog. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great verse and thanks for the reminder amd the encouagement.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you Sandy for hopping by & giving me another new blog to get to know! I love how you share a daily verse & devotion & today's is no exception! Beautifully done! I also love your quote on the side, about walking along side as a friend! I prayed briefly for your hubby's gramma & will lift her up again in my prayers! May God bless you & your household as you continue to be a light! This is very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Bible verse! Thanks for stopping by my place the other day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the verse...so glad that I stopped by...

    I needed that tonight...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...