~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 15, 2009

Sandy's World

So what's happening in my world??? Today I have a roast cooking and company coming over for dinner. Hubby is working in the yard,the boys are playing the wii rock band, Ashley's taking pictures, Katie is babysitting over at Nicole's,and as for me,I've spent the last few days working on my newest project. I am taking all my pictures from our "real" family albums and I'm scanning them all ,along with my digital pictures ,and then uploading them to my online Family Albums...I'll share the link with you when it's complete. I never realized just how many pictures I've taken through the years of my children/family,but I'm sooooo glad that I did. The pictures are precious to me,even more now that the kids are getting older.
I'm starting with my pictures from when Hubby and I dated, wed, had the kids, on up to the present. I also plan to scan my mom's pictures soon. If you want a good site for storing your pictures, I use http://www.myphotoalbum.com/ and have been for a while now.
I store my pictures online, on my computer, and I burn all of them to disk. So many times I've heard of people just uploading their pictures and storing them on the computer. But when a computer crashes and most eventually do, you will loose your pictures. So it's worth it to me to store mine. Anyhow, that's it for my world. Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. That's neat about the family pictures. The roast sounded really yummy. You have a great weekend to. HUGS !!!!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips about uploading photos to an online album. So many people just keep all their photos on their computer and then one day when it crashes, all those wonderful memories may be lost forever.

    Having an outside web source can prevent that from becoming anyone's worse nightmare. You can access those from any computer. Trust me, mine did that and now I back up and these are great tools to use.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the website that stores pictures. I am going to go check it out.
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of work. I have been scanning our older pictures for months. A little at a time. I am still not even close to being done. But you're right, it is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip on the photo storage Sandy. We just tried to complete photo boards for my daughter's graduation party -- and unfortunately we had lost years of photos when our computer crashed earlier this year. I'm so sad to have a void of about 3 years of back to school and Xmas pictures...and I never made hard copies.

    I guess I could be considered a poster child for what not to do with your photos.

    Hope all is well with you and that you're enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy,

    Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
    site!!

    Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
    mind praying for the prayer requests that are
    on our main page? We would also be very
    honored if any of your readers would join us
    in praying.

    May the Lord bless you and your family!!

    Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

    ps - please consider "following" our blog
    -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
    blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
    www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

    •´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your roast was delicious; I have one in the crock pot today. Have a great week in Motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow busy bee! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to be backing my photos up more often! I have been telling myself to get it done for over a month now. And you would think I would be on top of it since about three months after my daughter was born my computer crashed... I thought I lost them all! From when she was born, meeting all the grandparents, first Christmas. I CRIED. Then I got myself under control, called my computer whiz brother and he told me how to hook the hard drive up to another computer and I was able to get them. I was sooooo relieved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...