~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 19, 2009

Let Your Home Be A Witness

If you and your household
Were raptured today
Or removed from this earth
In some accidental way.

Who would be there
To wander and roam
And sort through your belongings
And clean out your home?

Would your home be a witness
To the Lord whom you claim?
Or,would the stash in your cabinets
Dishonor His name?

What's on your calendar?
Is the evidence clear
That you gave time to others
Not just your career?

Would your CD collection
If weighed in a balance
Bring glory to God
Or praise eartly talents?

Are your priorities evident
In the way your home looks?
Would Jesus be comfortable
Reading your books?

Do your magazines reveal
Unwholesome desires?
Do your videos glorify
Murderers and liars?

Do your tax records show
That your tithing was sparse?
That the truth you proclaimed
Was all just a farce?

What's in your garage?
Do your possessions reflect
That your greatest desire
Is earthly respect?

Will all those people
Who enter your space
Feel the presence of Jesus
Or the world in that place?

Will they want to know more
About the God who forgives?
Will they reject Him completely
Because of the way that you lived?

So clean out your closets
And sweep out your shame
Let your home be a witness
To the life you proclaim.
~Author unknown to me~

11 comments:

  1. Wow Sandy...did this ever speak to my heart today, and convict the heck out of it! I know we have so much to do in our own home to make it more God-honoring. Thanks for posting this!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love this. I've been "cleaning out" for a lot of years now. I think I've finally arrived at a place that I would feel good asking Jesus to come in to any part of my "home" but I continue to ask God to show me where I need to "clean" some more! Thanks for sharing!

    In Jesus,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a powerful poem! Thanks for sharing! It's a keeper ~ definitely makes you think! Thanks for posting this Sandy!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really makes you think and reminds you that cleaning is not just sweeping up the dust. Thanks again for reminding me what living as a Christian is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great poem! As I read it, I was silently answering those questions. Definitely gives us something to think about!
    May I borrow it and repost it for others to see?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy,

    Definitely makes you think about everything that is contained in your home.

    Guess I have so more decluttering to do but it is getting better.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This blessed me! Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great poem and thoughtful! My home will need a clean out after reading this. You just don't think about it!
    Love Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great poem, so true. Its good to always look at the place we live through Jesus's eyes, to see how He would see it. If He would approve... and also to clean out our hearts from unpure thoughts, desires and behaviour. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...