~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 17, 2009

Handwriting On The Wall


A weary mother returned from the store,
lugging groceries through the door.
Awaiting her arrival was her oldest son,
eager to relate what his brother had done.
"While I was out playing and Dad was on call,
Jake took his crayons and wrote on the wall."
It's on the new paper that you hung in the den.
I told him you'd be mad at having to do it again.
She let out a moan and furrowed her brow,
"Where is your brother right now?"
She emptied her arms and with a purposeful stride,
She marched to his closet, where he had gone to hide.
She called out his name as she entered his room,
He trembled with fear for he knew that meant doom.
For the next ten minutes she ranted and raved,
About the expensive wallpaper and how she had saved.
Stressed over all the work it would take to repair,
She condemned his actions and total lack of care.
The more she scolded the madder she got.
Then she stomped from his room, totally distraught.
She headed for the den to confirm her fears,
when she saw the wall her eyes filled with tears.
The message she read pierced her soul like a dart.
It said, "I love you Mom" surrounded by a heart.


Well, the wallpaper remained just as she had found it,
With an empty frame hung to surround it.
A reminder to her and indeed to all,
Take time to read what they write on the wall.

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. I really needed it today. With projects that I am working on all over the place they just want to touch and "help" and I was starting to get frustrated. Now I need to stop and hug them and remember that they won’t be little for long and sometimes projects can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so beautiful!

    Thank you for that post. It puts a lovely start to my day.

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww very heart felt

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I definitely needed this. It's so easy to go off so quickly you know. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears Tears Tears..... so great! Did you write that? Amazing. Nice to meet you fellow Mommy!

    Stop by my blog when you get a chance!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, man.... you made me cry. That was so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, this is so sweet. I was painting trim in the house yesterday and my boys were driving me crazy wanting to "help." I knew I was going to have more to clean up than was actually going to get painted, but I finally had to take a deep breath and just go with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so sweet, once Rani got into the lipstick, try as I might I just couldn't wipe those tiny,lipsticky handprints down, they were so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I've had kids write on the wall before. Sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. My youngest has outgrown the writing on the wall stage,which is good, but I find myself missing those days when they were cute and snuggly, albeit naughty at times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! You did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww! ive already read that from two books already, but it still touches me. it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet!
    Very touching and grabs your heart...

    Happy Saturday Sharefest!
    Please come visit anytime;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stopping by as a fellow blogfrog leader. This is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved that Sandy! It is so true.

    I have something for you over on my Saturday post. Come and get it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my gosh i got all teared up!! great reminder :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...