~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 27, 2011

A Wish For My Children

This is a re-post from June 2009

A Wish For My Children



If there could be one thing in life for me to teach you, I'd teach you love.
To respect others so that you might find respect in yourself.
To learn the value of giving, so if ever there comes a time in your life that someone really needs, you will give.
To act in a manner that you wish to be treated, to be proud of yourself.
To laugh and smile as much as you can, in order to help bring joy back to the world.
To have faith in others, to be understanding..
To stand tall in this world and learn to defend yourself.
To only take from this earth those things you really need, so there will be enough for others.
To not depend on money and material things for happiness, but to learn to appreciate the people who love you, the simple beauty God gave you and to find peace and security within yourself.
To you my children, I hope I have taught you all of these things, for they are love.
~~~~~~~~~~
I dedicate this poem to my kids. May you always keep these in mind and close to heart. May you know that you are so very loved and cherished. May you know that Mom & Dad love you more than life itself. But more than that, may you know that God loves you. He created you as a one of a kind and you are very special. I love you all so very, very, very much. You are such a blessing and when I thank God for all my blessings ,I remember you.
Love for always, Mom
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Picture above taken at PCB back in 2005
 

16 comments:

  1. Very beautiful. It should be kept out as a reminder for parents as much as encouragement for children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very beautiful and sweet poem. Your children are so lucky to have such a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You really are an inspiration to the rest of us...(well, to me anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post Sandy. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, this is stunning. What an amazing gift to your children. You are one special person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so very beautiful. Do you mind if I put it in my kid's journals. I have a journal for each of them since birth and just write life lessons and big changes that we go through during the year. I would be so honered to put this in there.
    my email is kieshaq423@yahoo.com
    If not, that's ok too. I know you wrote it for your children but I think every child should learn that and hold it close to their hearts.

    Another question, I have looked all over the internet for this one. how do you add the about me, twitter me, pics and all of that right under your header?

    Anyway love your blog. Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is EXACTLY what I needed today. Seriously! This and the devotional in the previous post. I am a giant ball of stress and my children's behavior is reflecting that. I feel like I failed them today. I feel like more days than I care to admit.

    I can tell already I'm going to enjoy following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet poem.

    Thank you for the comment you left! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet...thanks for all your lovely posts. Your blog is now one of my very favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have an amazing day!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that poem - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sandy, Wow this is just so well stated and lovely. I can sure get a strong sense of your loving mother's heart...very special!

    I hope you have a wonderful day! Thank you for stopping by and following my blog!!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.comJuly 1, 2009 at 9:45 AM

    ok wow I love this and want to repost it on my blog with your permission and kudos.
    Brittany
    http://www.papermoonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post--thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...