~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jun 1, 2009

What's on Sandy's Mind?

Thoughts to Ponder
~~~~~~~~
Sometimes life lessons are hard to learn, but you learn as you go and the older that you grow. Here are a few thoughts and some lessons I've learned along the way...
1.Money doesn't grow on trees...boy my mom must have told me that at least a million times as a child. However, I learned that quickly when I moved out on my own at age 16...and no I was not a rebellious teenager,actually my parents will tell you I was exact opposite of that. I was very mature for my age. To this day,I have NEVER asked my parents for anything..not money, not to borrow anything, not to do this or that, not even to babysit my kids, etc ...I'm just not like that. When I decided to step out and be an adult at age sixteen(even though I really wasn't an adult) I acted like one.
2.You can't make people love you...this has been the hardest for me my whole life. It has been a battle of the heart & mind for me and has been the one thing I've spent many a day crying & praying about.
3.You can't buy love.
4.You can't buy "real" happiness.
5.Friends can care just as much or more about you then your family.
6.Friends are precious.
7.It's better to have just one true friend then to have 100 that are only there every now & then.
8.Babies are a piece of Heaven.
9.Children are a gift from God.
10. It's better to be hated for who you are ,than to be loved for who you are not...yes that is a quote I read somewhere one time,but it came to mind and I thought I'd share it.
11.No relationship is perfect...boy I'm glad I finally figured that one out.
12. Anything worth having is worth waiting & working for.
13. Children grow up to fast...so enjoy every second.
14. You can't truly love someone until you learn to accept and love yourself.
15. You can't give something you don't have.
16. Life is to short.
17.Life is not fair.
18. Don't waste your time on people who don't care about you.
19. If you have it...share it.
20.If someone needs help...help them out ,because one day it may be you needing help. This is something my Nanny taught me .. not only by her words, but by her actions. Nanny has always helped everybody any way she could. She has a heart of gold...that's why I love her so much:)
21. Trust is something you earn(my mom told me as a child and I've never forgotten), but she also said it is the hardest thing to get back if you loose it...so don't loose it.
22. We are here for only one purpose...to serve God
23. I can't make it without Jesus.
24. I am who I am because someone loved me.
25. I am who I am because someone hurt me.
26. I am who I am because God saved me!
27. Everyone is a miracle.
28. No one is perfect.
29. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. My sdad always told us that when we were growing up. He is right. You won't know if you don't ask.
30. If you don't want to get stung, don't stick your hand in a bee hive. In other words if you don't want trouble, don't go looking for it ,because you just might find it.
31. Sweep your own front porch before you try sweeping mine. This was my Nanny's saying. In other words, before you try telling someone how to live their life, you need to be sure you are living yours right.
32. Don't judge others,God does that just fine on his own.
33. There can be more than one way of doing things.
34. Never stop trying.
35.Before you say you can do it better, try walking in someone else's shoes.
36. Never say your kids won't do something...because you may just eat those words one day. My past Pastor J.T Hollingshed use to talk about this all the time. He is right.
37.Better late than never.
38.Everyone has some good in them.
39. We are all precious in God's eyes.
40. The best way to get to the top in anything is to start from the bottom and work your way up. These days to many people try to jump to the top and end up hitting rock bottom.
41. Live each day to it's fullest or set around and waste it...the choice is yours ,but just keep in mind that you can't get one day back.
42. We are not promised tomorrow and many people leave this world to soon.
43. Life is what you make it.
44. We all have choices and choices have consequences.
45. We all make mistakes ,but it's what we learn from them that counts.
46. Treat others as you want to be treated.
47. Never trust a gossiper...they thrive on drama. If they gossip to you, they'll eventually gossip about you.
48. Always tell the ones you love that you love them.
49. Don't forget where you came from.
50. Don't hate on other races...God created us equally and in His image. We are all beautiful in his eyes.
51. You can only go so far by yourself.
52. If you are at fault be the one to say you're sorry.
53. Don't look down on the less fortunate...someday you may be where they are.
54. Don't kick someone who is already down. Reach down and pick them up.
55. You may be only one person ,but you could be the one person that changes someones' life. Just imagine if everyone took the time to just make a difference in one person's life...just imagine what the world could be.
56. You preach your own funeral as you go(My nanny said). If you think about it, this is true. The way you live your life, the lives you've touched, the difference you've made rather it be good or bad is the way you'll be remembered.
57. Church is the best place to take/raise your family.
58. Don't give up & never quit. If you want it...reach for it.
59. Let others know how you feel.
60. Life is to short to live it unhappy.
61. We all have talents...just some don't use theirs. If you don't use it you might loose it.
62. No person is a mistake.
53. Beauty is only skin deep... Beauty is inside where the eyes can't see.
54. Two people can look at one thing and see things totally different.
55. If you can't understand the Bible, you need to meet the author.
56. Choose your friends carefully.
57. If you want to know who your true friends are, just get down and hit rock bottom and see who comes running. Boy I learned this one the hard way. When I had meningitis ,I was overwhelmed by the love I was shown by my community,family, and friends. I was touched by the ones who came and really cared about me and surprised by the ones I thought did, but didn't. I will forever be grateful to the ones who done so much for our family during that difficult time...we couldn't have made it through without them. One day I'll share that story with you.
58. If someone comes to you and confides in you, open your ears and heart, but not your mouth.
59.You learn more when you're listening instead of talking.
60. Know it alls have trouble keeping friends.
61. Life is like stepping stones. Each day is a stone ,that leads you to the next stone ,that ends up being the path you take... called life. So choose your steps carefully.
62. People are put in your life for a reason. Some are put there to stay and some are only there to serve a purpose or to teach you a lesson. The ones that stay are suppose to stay, the ones that leave were meant to leave or they chose to leave. Learn all you can from each and enjoy them as much as you can, but if they have to leave or choose to leave...let them go.
63.If you are chasing something and it keeps running...let it go. It's not meant to be or it would be. Now if only I could get my teens to understand this one.
64. Don't leave the door standing open on anything.
65. You can't truly live until you get over the fear of dying.
66. Everyone will eventually hurt you or let you down. You must learn to forgive them ,because they are not perfect and neither are you.
67. What goes around eventually will come back around.
68. Don't take on more than you can handle or you will be miserable and overwhelmed. I have been guilty of this one more than one time.
69. Nothing in this world lasts forever.
70. People change. I'll tell you this is 100% true.
71. Everybody starts and ends with family.
72. If they don't love you for who you are, then they probably never will.
73. You are who you are and that's all you'll ever be.
74. If you believe you can do something ,you probably can ,but if you don't think you can you won't know until you try.
75. Just try it...you might like it.
76. Watch what you say, once you say it you can never take it back.
77. Words can encourage or discourage. They can hurt or they can heal...The choice is yours.
78. If you don't like it done to you, then don't do it to someone else.
79. People are like branches. Sometimes you have to break off the ones that are weighing you down, to allow room for the new ones to grow.
80. No two people are just alike.
81. We all have dreams.
82.Reality is when you put life to your dreams.
83.Nobody got anywhere by setting on their bottom.
84. Give more than you take and you'll be blessed all the days of your life.
85. Change begins inside of you. If you want things to change, it can start with you.
86. Quitters never win.
87. We all have to win and loose at times.
88. Right will always be right and wrong will always be wrong.
89. Ask yourself everyday, "What can I do?"...then do it.
90. If you are blessed with a child, don't complain about it. Some aren't so fortunate.
91.God gives us a new day every morning to start all over again.
92. Just because you think it's true doesn't mean it is.
93. Most of the things that people fear never comes to past.
94. Children keep you busy.
95. Pictures are precious.
96. If you enjoy it, do it all you can:)
97. The best way to brighten a room is with a smile:)
98. If you think you have it bad, just look around. You can always find someone who is worse off then you.
99. If you can get up and walk, talk, breathe, eat, sleep, read, write, hear, and see...you are blessed!
100. Don't hurt the ones that love you and don't let the ones that look up to you down.
~~~~~~
These are just a few that came to mind tonight. I may add more later.
Share some of yours with me:)
Hugs, Sandy

3 comments:

  1. I love these--and agree with every single one of them wholeheartedly. Another one (that I remind my sisters, etc.) is that marriage takes work. Lots of work. If you aren't willing to work together don't get married--and never buy into that whole belief that you 'can just get divorced'...life is more complicated than that. (Long lesson--but one worth knowing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I am going to have to steal some (or all) of them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I will admit I didn't end up reading all of them, but I wanted to tell you that I think it's a great list.

    I actually had a miniature bumper sticker (but didn't put it on my bumper...) that said it's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren't. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...