~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 21, 2009

What was she thinking?

What do you see when you look at this picture? I see a precious little boy with eyes of wonder. I see a little boy with chubby little cheeks,a cute little nose, and perfect little teeth. I see a little boy with a smile that can melt your heart. I see ....
I could go on and on. I don't know if you know this little boy or not. He was named Angel by his community when none knew who he was. If you watched the news this week or read the headlines on the computer then you know this little boy was murdered and buried in the sand at a playground . That is bad...really bad. But it gets worse... I read he was murdered by his own mom...that blew my mind. That is something I can't even begin to understand. How could someone take the life of their own child or any child.
The story went on to tell about her hard life and how she was down on her luck, etc and I'm sorry that things were bad for her and that her family was no help, but that is not an excuse for taking this baby's life. The mom said she wanted him not to grow up unloved. If that is the case she could have placed him for adoption. There are millions of people on waiting lists hoping to be someones parent. He would have been loved and deserved to be loved...if only given the chance.
Lately, I've seen/read several stories on parents killing their children. Dad's killing their whole families, etc. It is just so sad. I just can't understand it.
I look at my children and I think how very blessed I am that God allowed me to have them. I realize many can't have kids of their own. I would do anything to protect my children, even if it meant I had to die to protect them...I would. I love my kids.
I just feel so sorry for these kids that have moms & dads that don't love them and feel the same way I do about mine.
I see child abuse often ,because I am a foster parent. I have had children in my home that had been through almost every type of abuse that DFCS has labels for and honestly it makes me angry. It makes me sick. But, with the right training and help these families can be saved and lives can be changed. The ones that refuse help loose their kids to adoption(because they choose not to change). The ones that need help get help to be better parents.
No matter what life brings there is always a way out. There is help, all you have to do is ask for it. If you don't want your children, let someone else raise them. If you are over your head in stress let someone know. Don't hurt your children...they don't deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...what a horrible tragedy. I agree 100% with your sentiment. No one should ever get to the point in their life where they are that hopeless that they would take another life. Speak out -- ask for help.

    You are such a special person. I just wanted to give you a little something for having such a kind heart.

    http://today-i-pray.blogspot.com/2009/05/gratitude-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I linked here from "Family Traditions."

    I took a quick look at a couple of posts until I got to this one. This was a moving statement: "I love my kids. I just feel so sorry for these kids that have moms & dads that don't love them and feel the same way I do about mine."

    You do foster care and Cheryl (my wife) and I are in ministry, so we see some of the same things. I work with the local abuse program here. It is tough sometimes. But people like you are making a big difference for good. Thanks for your work!

    This morning I took two boys out for baseball practice. They have had a dad and a step dad leave them. How do you explain that to them? You can't, you can just do stuff like play ball and hope to build bridges.

    Anyway, I can tell you put A LOT of work into your blog. Very good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...