~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 24, 2009

My Family Yearbook- (catching up #12)


Tell About How You Met Your Spouse
~~~~~

I met Brent during my high school years. A friend of mine "Kim George" asked me if I would go on a double date with her and she wondered if I would go with Brent.

I was just coming out of a two year relationship and I thought that it might help to take that off my mind...so I agreed. We met up at Kim's house, we went out to eat together ,and then came back to her house and watched some rented movies.

Things were going great. However, Brent crossed the line half way through the date. He tried to hold my hand and I just thought that wasn't right for a first date. I just felt it was to soon for that...I only wanted to be friends and I just felt girl and guy friends shouldn't hold hands,especially on first dates.

I was brought up by a mom that taught me not to hold hands on first dates, she also told me that girls shouldn't call guys on the phone (guys are suppose to call girls and no later then 9 pm ,because that is rude), and mom taught me that guy's should always pay for the date if they really like you...boy has times changed.

For months after that Kim kept trying to get me to go back out with Brent. She would tease me constantly and push us into each other at school, etc She would invite him over and it would always be when I was over at her house. She drove me nuts about him.

Then one Halloween, our community had a haunted house to raise funds for the youth. I played the part of a grieving widow. Another boy that I went to church with played the part of my deceased spouse. Half way through the evening, that boy got tired and gave up his position. It just happened that Brent and this boy were good friends and Brent had stopped by with some of his friends to go through the haunted house. Brent offered to take that boy's place. I don't know what happened that night, I just saw a different side of Brent then what I saw on our first date or maybe he was figuring me out too.

We didn't talk about dating or anything that night. We both just done what we were asked to do. Then we both stayed afterwards and cleaned up together. That next Monday,Kim asked me again if I would go on a double date with her & her boyfriend and she wanted to know If I'd go with Brent. This time I said yes!!!!

After that date, we started going on dates every weekend. Then he came over and met my family on Christmas Eve (and trust me he did not try to hold my hand or anything else for several weeks/months).

April of 1989

He asked me to marry him

And I said, "I Will"

and then I said, "I Do".

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful story! It's really cute and funny. I know times have changed but I do hope to raise our daugthers and sons the way it was back in those days. My mother in law taught my hubby when he was very little to open doors for her and his sisters and he now opens my doors! We've gotten comments on how "lucky" I am to have such a guy. I call it blessed!!!! God works in mysterious, amazing ways huh?

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...