~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 21, 2009

Family Yearbook Challenge


As some of you know I have decided to join in on the Family Yearbook Challenge! My first assignments will probably be a repeat of info I've already shared with you on my blog, but I will be sharing it again, because it is part of this project.
If you are new to my blog, then this will help you get to know a little more about our family,if you've been visiting for a while, just skip on to my next post.
Maybe, I'll come up with something I haven't shared yet.
This will be a weekly project and a collection of moments that I will be sharing (as they happen) through out the 2009 year.
Here is a poem and part of assignment #1
~~~~~~~~
Lingering Joys
The tide recedes, but leaves behind bright seashells on the sand.

The sun goes down, but gentle warmth still lingers in the land,
The music stops, and yet it echoes on in sweet refrains...
For every joy that passes,
something beautiful remains.
~~~~~~~~
Like the poem above says,
"For every joy that passes, something beautiful remains."
This is true in life. As time passes by us, we are often left with just memories. Memories of some other time that sticks out in mind. Maybe it was the song that you played at your wedding, a special celebration, the feel of a newborn baby's skin,the smell of a flower, a milestone, a tear over someone who passed, a happy moment you shared with a friend, or a bedtime story that you read over and over again. These may just seem as nothing more than just a day that passed, but these days turn in to precious memories to be shared many generations down the road.
I remember as a child looking through my Grandma Wilson's photo albums and scrapbooks. She saved poems, paper clippings, birth announcements, obituaries, old letters, and pictures of the people that she loved the most. These taught me so much about my grandma and the things that mattered the most to her because these were moments she treasured and wanted to remember.
I can say in many ways ,I'm much like my grandmother. I love creating memories and capturing moments ... I treasure them too. I love sharing stories with my family about the things I did in my past, lessons I've learned, old stories, family traditions, and more.
These have become treasures of the mind.
With the Family Yearbook, I hope to be able to not only share them with my family,
but also with yours.
~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have joined on. It will be so much fun this year.

    Here's to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the poem..it's so true! This actually makes my heart smile and gives me comfort because just yesterday I recieved a package from my grandma who lives in Costa Rica and in it came a book that my grandfather treasured and wanted me to have along with one of the last pcitures that were taken of him right before he got sick. My grandfather passed this past Jan right by my side and I was missing him lots yesterday. The poem though reminds me that I need to simply cherish the many wonderful memories I have of him, hold on to them and relive them in my mind because they are part of me! Thanx for sharing my friend...it's amazing how God knew I needed to hear this!

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you decided to do the FYBC!!! Make sure you check in every monday for "homework" and comments so i can take role! Welcome! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...