~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Apr 21, 2009

About our weekend

I promised I would post about last weekend ,so here it is! I guess better late than never.
It was an awesome weekend...much better than the one before.
I was so happy to get to see two of my past foster kids (Trinton & Amberly) better known here on my blog as Trin & Amber. But since they are no longer our fosters, I can now talk about them and share their pictures. Trin called and asked could he come over and spend some time this weekend with Jacob,but I told him that he would have to wait until Sunday,because we wouldn't be home. We had already made plans for Jacob to go to Alabama to see his paw-paw.
Sunday afternoon, I went and got him. I was so happy to get to see him and little Amberly. I also got to see their new baby brother. It was just really sweet. Just like with Bailey, I'm so thankful that their mom wants us to stay involved in their lives. It means a lot to us foster parents to be able to see that these kids are home and doing well.
Also, this weekend we got our Bailey. As many of you know, she too use to be one of our fosters,but now to us she is family and our baby:) We kept her all weekend and I loved every second of it!!!! She is growing up so fast. Every time we see her, she is using more words, and doing new things. She is starting to seem more like a little girl ,then a little baby. She pretty much tells you what she wants or don't want now. She loves to be loved on and she loves to give love back. For some reason, she started kissing hands. She kept taking my hand and kissing it all weekend...so sweet. Then she says, "I lud ewe so much" (I love you so much). She is a sweetheart. I know people must think we are crazy about how we feel about these kids, but I think it is kinda like we would feel with grandchildren. We cherish every moment we have before they have to go back and we don;t take one second for granted,because we know it could be taken from us in a second.
Sunday night, we went to a singing with the The Old Path Trio . They performed and as always they were wonderful!!!!! If you haven't heard them, then you need to:) They always inspire me!!!!! Jeremy Peace(the keyboard player) gave a testimony that truly touched many hearts, but it especially hit home with me,because he was once a foster child himself. He shared his story and once more God reminded me why He called me to foster children. It was a blessing!!!!!
It was a really good weekend for us!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't even begin to imagine what you feel every time you see these beautiful children even if it's just for the weekend. It sounds like they love it at your house which in their little hearts and in your....it's theirs too:D They are very blessed to have had such a wonderful foster mom. I've heard stories of people who fostered kids and hated it..couldn't wait to give them back. I know it can be challenging but you are a great example that when you have God's love, you can give God's love to others and help these children heal from a cruel past. You are an inspiration my friend! I feel honored to have met you even if it's through blogging lol. You always have something really neat to share in here! I look forward to your posts;D I thank God for blessing your guys so much joy this past weekend!

    Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a wonderful weekend :) I think it's great you have opened your home to needy children.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...