~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 21, 2009

Staph Infection


This is a picture of the staph infection that Bailey has on her leg. You wonder why I put such a picture on my blog? Because I wanted to show people that might not know(just like myself),what a staph infection can look like. None of my kids or myself have ever had a staph infection, so I had no idea what it would look like. If this had came up on one of my kids, I would have thought it was an infected bug bite or something like that and may have tried to treat it myself with an OTC med.
When it first came up on Bailey's leg(her mom said) it looked like her diaper might had rubbed her leg...it was just a little red area,but by evening it had grown into a huge knot and Bailey was taken to the hospital and treated. In this picture, Bailey is already much better and has been on antibiotics for a few days. Staph infections can be very dangerous if left untreated.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that. We all need to know what can be dangerous for us and what to look for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine's little boy had a two staff infections on his tiny little bottom when he was a baby. The first time she thought it was a pimple and he ended up in the hospital with it. Poor little thing.
    This is a good thing for you to post and make people aware of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad she is on the road to recovery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so glad she is on the mend. That sounds very scary.
    Thank you for posting a picture. I never knew what it would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! Poor little baby! I'm glad to hear she's on the mend!

    If you don't mind, I'd like to know a couple things about foster parenting...

    When you have a child (or children) in your care, what are the rules about travel with them? Do they need their own separate bedroom? What about doctor appointments, do you go to your own doctor, or take them to one set up already?

    Wow. I think I have a ton more questions, but I don't want to take up space in your comments, lol.

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks all too familiar. My husband had a spot like that come up on his arm, we thought he'd been bit by a brown recluse or something, turns out is was strep (not staph) in his arm. Scary...

    ReplyDelete
  7. StaphAseptic will help prevent these infections. It kills that staph germ. I got mine at Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...