~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 27, 2009

Prayer request

Hey prayer buddies,
Please continue to keep my father-in-law in your prayers. As most of you know he had a stroke at the end of last year, and he was getting better, but that stopped. He hasn't gotten any better and the doctor said that he is as good as he probably ever will be.
This has been a major life changer for this once very active man. He has lost most of the use of his right hand(his main hand) and right leg, so as you can imagine he is very discouraged. The things that use to take him only hours to do now can take him days or he can't do them at all. So please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he adjust to these changes.
ALSO
Pray for my hubby "Brent", he is having a really hard time excepting that his Dad may never be any better. He has been really upset this week. I talked to him yesterday about his dad and tried to share the positives like... praise God his dad is not living in constant pain, praise God his dad is still with us, Thank God that he can still talk, and walk some. This has been a real eye opener for Brent in many ways.
I believe in the great physician(God) and I know if it is His will for Billy to be well, that He will heal him. Just continue to keep them both in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. Sandy - I will be in much prayer for that situation. May I add Billy to my prayer page?

    I hope that everything is going well for you today. Have a joy filled weekend.

    In Him,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a young father in our family who has terminal cancer. It's a hard situation. We'll be praying for your father-in-law. God bless...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for your father inlaw and your hubby. I am so sorry you are going through this trial. ((Hugs))

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will put these requests on my prayer list. May God bless all of you. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definately pray for them both. In 1999 my own father suffered a stroke. He is now in a nursing home. He lost his whole right side can't move them at all. He can talk but it is very hard to understand what he is saying. He is deaf so we have to write to him on a notepad.

    It is so sad to see him in that condition. He too was very active when he had the stroke. He lives in CA and we only get to see him once a year. We want to move him here but he doesn't want to. His sister looks in on him every week and the only communication we have are the letters we write him. He can't write back but just to let him know we are thinking of him.

    I think the only thing that can help your husband is prayer. That's what helped me get through it. It is hard seeing your father in that condition. I hope things get better for him.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...