~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 27, 2009

My Computer Prayer

Every night I lie in bed, this little prayer inside my head,
God bless my children and my mom and dad...

And God, there's just one more thing I wish you would do, if you don't mind me asking...
just bless my computer too?

Now I know, that it's not normal to bless a small machine
but listen just a second and I'll try to explain...

You see, this little metal box holds more than odds and ends.
Inside those small components rest a hundred loving friends.

Some, its true, I've never seen and most I've never met
we've never shaken hands or ever truly hugged, and yet...

I know for sure they love me by the kindness they give
and this little scrap of metal is how I get to where they live.

By faith is how I know them much the same as I know you...
by sharing my life it brings them close, so if its ok with you...

Just take an extra minute from your duties up above...
to bless this little hunk of steel that is filled with the friends I LOVE.

3 comments:

  1. How cute! It's amazing how you can connect with so many people nowadays. And what you see is either their 'true' heart (because you can't judge their outer appearance) or the heart that they wish they had.

    Either way, we all need love in our lives, and God has certainly moved His servants to reach out in cyberspace.

    Our God is an Awesome God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool prayer. I am praying that God would bless the web app we launched last week, Ask A Prayer - www.askaprayer.com

    I believe God can use computers to help His body connect on a local level - lifting up the prayer needs of those in their church and I pray He uses Ask A Prayer to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...