~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 14, 2009

Comparing people to tress




I saw that my youngest daughter had added this clip to her myspace blog, so I clicked to see what it was all about.

It is Madea(Tyler Perry) comparing people to trees.

Madea's character is a woman with a "Been there done that " kind of attitude. In this clip she is using her own words of wisdom and comparing people to trees.

Did you know that the Bible also compares people to trees?

God tells us to be planted firmly in order to flourish .

Psalms 1:3-And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

And again...

In Jeremiah 17:8- For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit (one day I want to share with you what God has shown me about bearing fruit). But for now...

I disagree with Madea on the part where she said that some people are put on this earth to be nothing more than leaves. People are leaves if they choose to be. God placed each of us here for a higher purpose and it is up to us if we choose to follow Him and allow Him to fulfill His purpose through us. No one has to be a leaf.

Are you planted firmly or are you swaying back and forth? Which one are you? Are you a leaf, a branch,or a root?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...