~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 27, 2009

Where is Sandy?

I'm still HERE! I know, I've been a little lazy about posting, but my life has been anything but lazy for the last few days. So I figured I'd stop in and update you all...
As I mentioned before,I started back to school and I have 4 tests this week. So I've been working on that.
Also, I've been working hard around my house trying to get ready for our foster re-licensing this week...yes it's that dreaded time again. I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row to be sure everything that must be done is done. It's amazing how much can change in just one year,around here. I've been checking and re-placing baby latches, baby gates, re-stocking first-aid kits, re-placing/checking fire detectors/carbon monoxide detectors, cleaning and sorting out toys, and everything between....that's been a job.
Also, I've been sick again this weekend. I thought I was re-lapsing with the bad chest cold I had last week , and that has really slowed me down. I've never had a cold that just keeps dragging like this one has. It's been three weeks and I still have rattling in my chest...grrrrr
Brent bought some new medicine called mucinex-D (that was recommended to him by a friend for head/chest colds)and he gave it to me without reading the label and it contained pseudoephedrine...I can't take pseudoephedrine. It speeds my heart up and causes it to beat irregular. It also makes me feel very dizzy and nauseated. So for 24 hours, I couldn't sleep a wink (Sunday-monday)and was sooooo sick at my tummy, until it got out of my system. It actually made me sicker feeling then the sickness did. Which drained me and made me feel exhausted. I ended up sleeping half the day on Monday...thanks to my girls, they helped me take care of the little ones or I couldn't have done it.
I also had an accident over the weekend. On Saturday, I ran out to get Brent some organizers because I wanted him to get his stuff organized,before we put our new furniture in our room(because our room was horrible. It looked like a piled up deer camp with all HIS stuff...grrrr). Well,I came in with all 6 organizers and started carrying them down the stairs to our bedroom and ended up losing my footing...I guess. I don't really know how I landed or what I done. All I know is I knocked my breath out and ended up bruising my chest, underarm, lower back, and I hurt my knee pretty bad. So as you can imagine, I've been pretty sore these last couple of days.
But, we did get our furniture delivered and we did get it set up in our room,thanks to Jon and Austin. Our room looks sooooo much better. I just hope Brent will help me to keep it that way.
Now, I'm just trying to get my energy back, and today is the first day that I've felt like myself. So look out blog world...Sandy is back!
Also, I wanted to thank you for all the prayers for Madison's family. I just can't even imagine how devastated they are. They are very young parents, but they were very good parents that LOVED their baby girl. I just feel so bad that I didn't learn about his baby until the day of the funeral and so I didn't get to make it. But please do continue to keep them in your prayers. It's gonna take a while for them and they are gonna need lots of tlc and prayers.
Also, I saw that Mandy tagged me. I'll try to get that added today.
And I'm sorry Amanda that I haven't returned your call. It's been a mad house around here in more ways than one. I'll try to get back with you today.
Big hugs to you all, Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You certainly have been busy!
    What are you taking in school? Is it hard to balance parenthood and school? I commend you, I always wanted to do that.
    Good luck on your relicensing...i just got mine done last week.
    Yippee skippee..good for another year..(if we last that long)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...