~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 5, 2009

Well, I'm almost done...

After four days of painting, I have decided that I hate painting. It's been a job with kids running everywhere. I only stopped painting long enough to sleep, eat, and go to church. My goal was to get as much done as possible and as quickly as possible....so I gave it all I had:)
I went ahead and finished the kitchen and dining room, and I am sooooooo happy about that!!!!! Now all I have left is my den and Katie's room(if I decide to paint it). Our room and the boys room was recently painted, so I don't have that...thank goodness!!!!! And yes, I'll add those pics soon.
As for the weekend, Jon went with his best friend Austin to the Tennessee Aquarium. He really enjoyed that and he came home talking all about it. He wants us to make that trip as a family soon. So maybe we can plan to do that.
Ashley & Katie stuck pretty close to home all weekend. I actually gave them a brush and let them work on Ashley's trim and door, but they ended up with more paint on them than the walls did..grrrr Katie(my silly one) decided it would be cool to paint herself and she did...grrrrr Yes, I have a picture of that too!
Jacob and Trin were both pretty occupied all weekend. Brent took them on Friday to buy a game. They pooled their money together and bought a game and that kept them pretty busy, which was a good thing for me. However, it seemed every time one of them had to go to the bathroom or needed to eat, they would either rub against a wall or step on the plastic and make footprints on the wood floor. So I spent about half my painting time, cleaning paint prints or touching up places.
Little Amber, didn't like staying in her room, in the den, or in her high chair(to eat), but we had no other choice, because she refused to stay away from the paint. She wanted so badly to play in it and tried to sneak every time her little feet hit the floor. She thought the plastic all over the floors were very cool.
Brent, well he has been pretty busy changing out outlets, replacing switches, and helping me put stuff back in place. However, he says he can paint, but I haven't seen it except on the outside of the house. But, he did help me get things some what back in order.
As for today (Monday) school started back and my babysitting kids are back after a two week holiday. It's always tough after having a break.
It just seems the kids forget so much after a break and I can't seem to understand why that is. Jacob had to re-read a story and he really struggled with his words, but just two weeks ago he whizzed right through it. Now, he is working on writing his 0-100 and that means I have a couple of minutes to rest...while he works and the babies are nap:)
My hubby and the girls have gone to Alabama to do some work for my father-in-law. Since he had his stroke, he struggles to do some things, and they've gone to help him out. So it's just me, the boys, and the babies....so it's pretty calm day.
As for the rest of the week, it looks like we will be re-learning what we learned those last couple of weeks of school, and just trying to get back on our normal routine.
That's about it for us. Jacob's done, so I guess I better give him his next assignment.
Have a good day!!!!
Hugs, Sandy


1 comment:

  1. Check out My Web Site
    Add Your Blog Free No? and Safe.
    (Jeff's Karaoke Feedback)
    http://j29y.synthasite.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...