~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 10, 2009

Update Time!

First off, I want to take the time to thank everyone that has added themselves to my friend's list or that left me comments. I never even knew that blogspot had the application to see who follows your blog until this week...I know I'm a little behind the times:) However,I really appreciate you all so much. You always wonder who is reading your blog, and I'm glad that you let me know, so that I can go and visit your blog too:) I've met a lot of really nice people here and a lot of others who have the same interest as I have and that is nice. I also learn a lot by visiting other's blogs and I hope my blog will be a blessing to you in some way. Thank you for sharing!!!!
Now for the updates.....(((drum roll)
This morning,
I had to get up a wee early and take the foster kids home. This is their very first time to be left unattended with their family. This is the step down period and slowly they will be leaving my home for their new home with their family. Their family is doing wonderful!!!!! They actually got a new house not far from mine(in our same community).Trin will still be in the same school district and that is gonna be really good for him. Trin was kinda having a hard time at first with having to leave here. He felt pulled between both homes. He wants to be with his family, but he didn't want to give up us or his life here. As his CASA put it,he just wishes he could stay here and Mom and Dad could come live here too. However,since they live so close, he can still come visit anytime and that has helped his feelings the most.
They will have these weekly visits for a couple more weeks to give them time to adjust and let go. Then we will start their overnights,until we slowly move them home for good. This has been the easiest case I've had so far and everything has worked out positive for these kids and their parents and that has been so nice, because I know I won't have to worry about them, like I have some of my past fosters.
After that, on my way back home,I stopped by the store and a lady asked me how my daughter is doing after the loss...so I figured it was time to update you on her.
As some of you know, my oldest daughter Anna had a miscarriage two days before Christmas. She went in for a check-up and the baby no longer had a heart beat.
Well, Anna is doing well. She went back this week to her ob-gyn and they said she is doing good, however, they haven't gotten the pathology reports back yet,so we are still waiting. Anna will be going back in 3 weeks and we hope the reports will be in by then. They said these reports should tell us if it was caused by unknown reasons or if it was a chromosomal problem...which would mean more testing of her and also Corey. Either one is gonna be hard ,but I think we would much rather it be a"we really don't know" than it to be a chromosomal thing that risk every pregnancy.
Anna does have the rh- factor, that we didn't know about until the loss. However, they said it had nothing at all to do with this loss and Anna did get a shot for it at the hospital to protect her if she gets pregnant again. Rh- does put her at possible risk of future miscarriages, still birth, or having a baby with blood problems, but the risk usually only affects your second pregnancy and on. So with any pregnancy, she will face some risks of a possible repeat due to the rh- compatibility problem, which I hate so bad for Corey and Her. But other than that, they are both doing much better than they were. BTW, if any of you are rh- and have had a 2nd or later healthy pregnancy let us know. I would love to talk with you,because this is all new for us. I never knew anything about rh- until this. So if you are rh- and your partner is rh+ and you have a healthy rh+ baby, let us know...I would love to hear some positives.
Next question was, "When are they gonna try again" ,I really don't know, but I really don't think it will be anytime soon. They have to wait 3 months anyway for healing and honestly I don't think that is really on their mind right now,because this has been very hard. . Honestly, as much as I want them to have a baby, I'd almost rather them to just adopt than to have to face the possibility of going through this over and over or the risk of having a baby with a life threatening blood disease. But, if they decide they want to try again, then we will be here for them every step of the way...nomatter what.

Other than that, all is well around here. I'm actually getting to get away by myself with a friend today(no kids). She had asked me to go out to eat and to the theatre and I'm excited to get out of the house, plus it's been a while since I've seen a good movie. I'm sure it will be tons of fun.
Well, that is it for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

12 comments:

  1. I had a healthy pregnancy, a miscarriage and then 6 months later got pregnant with my daugher. All was well in that case. Not sure what the cause of the miscarraige was though. Hope all turns out well with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 3 healthy pregnanies even though I have the RH factor. We have 3 healthy kids that keep us going! Hope the miscarriage doen't discourage your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have foster kids? Wow! What a calling! I have too many right now to even think about doing it. My hubby's parents did it for awhile. Mu hubby would get pretty attached to the kidos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your picture on my 'followers' list, and came to find out about you.

    I've been considering becoming a foster parent for some time now, but it always seemed the time wasn't right...or our space wasn't big enough. I don't think it's coincidence that you came to my blog! ;)

    As far as your daughter's loss, it's a tough process to go through. The emotions will take the longest to heal from, and taking some time to grieve will make their next experience much fuller. (regardless of the route they decide to take)

    I had 3 healthy pregnancies, then two loses, then a fourth baby. When the need to hold a baby in your arms is stronger than your fear of losing another, that's when you know it's time.

    Hugs to you all and God bless,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled onto your site from another persons site that I follow. I am RH- and have 2 children with an RH+ father. The complication comes only if after you have each child, including miscarriage, they DO NOT give you a shot of (I think its called) Hemogloban. As long as they gave her the shot after the miscarriage the RH- factor should not affect her next pregnancy.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad to hear that she is handling it well. It is such a difficult thing to have to go through.

    It's amazing how much you can learn while blogging, isn't it? I still don't know lots of stuff.

    Like, did you know you can schedule a post? It's in the lower lefthand corner and it says "Post Options" or somthing like that. You can change the date and time and schedule your post to print whenever you want it to. Cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. IM praying for your daughter and her husband..
    I think being a Foster Parent is a beautiful thing and im sooo glad that people like you!!! AMEN sista!
    I owe my Daughters Foster Mother soo much!

    hugs,Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cousin has the "rh" thing. Sorry, I don't know the technical terms. Anyways, she has had two beautiful, healthy girls. With each pregnancy I believe she had to have one or two shots at around the 7th month mark of pregnancy, and will have to for any future pregnancy. Small price to pay though!
    I hope all goes well with the transition of your foster kids. I had temp custody of my nephews who were in foster care before me, then watched them go home. What brave little guys they were. They did so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Anna! I know what she is going through. Our third pregnancy was cut short when we found out that it was a phantom. There was no baby in there, but my body still had to go through the miscarriage process. And the grieving process. It is so hard. Lots of hugs help, and reasurance that all is in the Lord's hands. If He wants her to have children- she will.

    Don't let the doctors scare you though. The Rh- is no big deal if you take the proper steps. Like Sherri said, it is just a matter of getting the shot when a pregnancy ends. If the baby is positive, you get a shot. With a miscarriage, if they are unable to type the blood- she should get a shot just in case.

    Dang the luck, my husband has to be positive in Everything. :o) Our first two were positive, next two negative, then one positive, two negative. Shot, shot, nope, nope, shot, nope, nope. Oh, and the shot they recommend mid-preg isn't really necessary. So just relax. Breathe. Take care of the emotional trauma, right now. The physical will play out naturally.

    ((hugs)) and best of luck and love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is great you have foster kids. It takes a special person to do that. I have thought about it. But we just don't have enough room in our house. It is very small. I don't think we would meet the state's criteria. But are working on getting it fixed up. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing. I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through. Especially your daughter! There is just this overwhelming sense of emptiness after a loss. I'd love to say it goes away and I'm sure it does---but I don't know when yet. I'm sending prayers out for her.

    I always like the rest of that quote by the way. "God will never give me more than I can shoulder... I just wish He did't trust me so much!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sandy,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to meet you. I signed up to be a follower. I enjoyed your post.

    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's loss. I pray the peace of the Lord upon her.

    Blessings to you, Sandy. Again, it's nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...