~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 2, 2009

My New Years Questions & Answers

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Managed to put together a wedding in 2 months

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't think I really made one

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, two of my friends (Tara added Emma Kate and Christy added Little Jake).
Here is a pic of Little Jake. He is 2 months old now. I am watching him today for Christy:)


4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness...not this year
5. What countries did you visit? I just stayed here in the good ole USA


6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? rest
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Aug 11-when we gave Bay back, June 7-Anna's wedding, Nov 3-When Brent had is long awaited surgery(He is healed!!!!), Dec-22-The day Anna lost her baby...


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Teaching Jacob to read...yay!!! He struggled with reading and I had about decided to send him to public school, but then one day he got it!

9. What was your biggest failure? Not sure

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?No

11. What was the best thing you bought? hmmm..maybe a new dryer

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jon...he has changed so much this year. He has grew up in more ways than one.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? no comment

14. Where did most of your money go? groceries and gas...grrrrrr

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Anna's new baby, but sadily it wasn't meant to be

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? That song,I think it is called. "You should have seen it in color" It brings back memories of looking through Grandma Wilson's and Nanny's black and white pictures as a child.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a)
happier or sadder? About the same
b) thinner or fatter?About the same
c) richer or poorer? About the same...I'm boring

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Attended church and read my Bible. I missed more services than normal, because of one thing or another.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? doubting

20. How did you spend Christmas? with the ones I love

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? over and over...lol

22. What was your favorite TV program? none..I don't do tv

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate...

24. What was the best book you read? hmmmm...The purpose driven life. I think I'm gonna read it again this year.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? none

26. What did you want and get? love...lots of love

27. What did you want and not get? a laptop

28. What was your favorite film of this year? not sure

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? don't remember. I was 36.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More free time like vacations, etc with my family

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Fashion? Concept? Do my favorite levis and my red sweater count?????

32. What kept you sane? prayers...lots of prayer time

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? none really

34. What political issue stirred you the most? to many to name

35. Who did you miss? Bailey

36. Who was the best new person you met? hmmmm.....in person would probably be Tracy S. She has been a blessing!

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. What's meant to be will be and nomatter what you can't change that.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. By Brad Paisley "It Did"
Lyrics-
Just when i start thinkin its as good as it can get
This crazy life does somethin just to let me know
I haven't seen anything yet

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog! Sounds as if 2008 was a very very full year for you and family. May God bless you with all you need for 2009!! Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my Through Him blog.
    I love this list. You have great answers.

    Hope you have a beautiful and very blessed new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year, huh?

    I am soo sorry about Anna! I feel for her. I've been there. But I know the Lord is with her. His will will continue, and she will find peace and joy. Healing will happen.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you so much for dropping by mine, love your place!
    Number 19. Now that answer is brilliant & totally hit home for me.
    Here's to a wonderful 2009, lets stay in touch! XXxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...