~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 1, 2008

So what have we been up to???

Well, as always we've been very busy. So let me try to take it day by day and tell you what we've been up to.
First off, last week school was out, so we pretty much just worked around the house and tried to get it in order for the holidays. We also did some more shopping and got most of our shopping done.
On Wednesday, Brent went back for his follow up and he is doing super good:) He pretty much is back to eating and sleeping(laying down)...yay!!!!!
Also, his dad is doing better. They moved him to a rehabilitation center and he will probably be there for a few weeks as he builds his strength.
On Wednesday, I pretty much played with the kids and cooked for Thanksgiving. I got off pretty easy this year. I fixed a grape salad, strawberry whip cream desert, green beans and potatoes. Everyone brought a dish or two, so noone had to cook that much.
On Thursday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with family. We went to Brent's mom's for lunch and my mom's for dinner. It was blessing! I got to see my brother's girls for the first time in a couple of years. They have grew up so much. It just makes me sad that we've missed out on most of their lives. However, I'm so thankful that we got to be with them and was able to get a few pictures. I hope to get some copies for mom and nanny.

We also got to see my brother-in-law Corey and his wife Cori...that was a blessing too. We don't get to see them that much anymore and I was happy to see them. They will be having a little baby of their own around the beginning of Feb. It will be my very first nephew! Thanksgiving was wonderful for us!
On Friday, Samantha and I went shopping. We just about finished all my shopping. Most of the other things I had left to get, I found online Saturday. So I'm almost done:)
On Sunday, I wasn't able to make it to church because Ashley wasn't feeling very well. So I stayed home to keep an eye on her. Then I went over to Mom's to look at some stuff she wanted me to see. So I spent a couple of hours with her.
Now today, It's back to the old routine....house and school work.
I still haven't decorated my house for Christmas, but I hope to get that done soon. I don't like pulling out all the Christmas stuff until my house is all the way clean. I really want to shampoo my carpet, etc before I put up the tree. I wanted to do that last weekend, but it rained all weekend and I was afraid it wouldn't get dry. So I may try to do that today, but it's gonna be hard with a house full of little ones.
As for the rest of the week, my goals are getting my house completely clean and then decorate. Also, Anna has her first ob appointment on Thursday:)
Anna's also gonna have a birthday this week and so is Paw-paw Cole:) So it looks like another busy week ahead.
Well, I'm gonna run and go check on baby Jake. I'm keeping my friend Christy's 6 week old baby today and I'm loving it!!!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Sandy
p.s as soon as a get a few extra minutes, I'm gonna share with you something that has happened in our lives over the last couple of weeks that has turned out to be a true blessing. We got to watch God work and make a families dream come true and we got to be a part of it! I'll tell you more later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...