~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 15, 2008

Monday's Post

The weekend turned out great!!!! On Sunday, we were on our way home from taking Bailey home, and Hubby said,"It's been a good weekend." "It's been a while since we all just set around together." He is right, we seldom all just set around together, except when we are eating. But on Sunday, all the kids were home,and we all just set around the den while Bailey watched Happy Feet and we watched her...lol She would try to copy the little penguin and it was sooooooo cute:)
You would think that we never have ever had a baby. because everything she does just amazes us. She brings us all sooooooooooo much joy. I honestly don't think we could love her any more than we do, even if she was ours. Sunday was her day ad she knew it:) She loves the attention.
Saturday (yes I'm going backwards for a change), was sooooooo much fun. We got up early and got dressed for our breakfast with Santa. This year, Stars & Strikes along with several other companies in our county, hosted the foster families party. It was really nice and the kids got spoiled:)
They enjoyed free bowling and games. Also, they got gift cards(older kids) and neat gifts(younger kids) along with tons of free food certificates from all the local food places ... They were very excited about that. It was nice having all our fostering friends and families together under one roof and us having Stars & Strikes all to ourselves:) Normally, when it's open to public, it can get very crowded.
After that we went to the shower and then came home and spent the rest of the day playing with Bay.
On Friday, Shae,Josie, Abby, Katie, Ashley, Amberly, and me went shopping for Christmas gifts. After that, we ran to walmart to grab a few groceries and that is when I had the scary moment I mentioned in my last post.
When I got in Walmart, I let the older girls go together to pick up a few items, while I started grocery shopping. I had just got on the frozen Isle, when Amber decided to start whining. She always does this anytime we do anything that she doesn't want to do ,such as shopping, setting in a buggy,church service, baths,setting down to eat, riding in a carseat, etc. She doesn't cry and she doesn't shed tears. It is just a constant whiny sound that she likes to make when things aren't going her way. Well, I'm so use to it that I've learned to ignore it or it would drive me crazy. Well, an older lady heard her whine and walked up to us. She asked Amber if she wanted a new grandmother. Then she told Amber that she was gonna be her grandmother and she just kept talking to her about all they were gonna do together and the whole time she was trying to unbuckle Amber from my buggy. I just thought she was being friendly and trying to take Amber's mind off of whining. I didn't want to be rude and tell the lady to leave, so I stood there. We stood there for what seemed like forever as she sang her the ABC song and talked on and on. I tried to walk away and I kept telling Amber to tell her good-bye. But, this lady wouldn't leave my buggy. She wouldn't let go of the buggy or Amber and she kept trying her best to unbuckle her. I stood there, not really knowing what to do. It seemed like forever, when finally another lady walked up to me to apologize for her mom's behaviour. She said her mom had dementia and had walked away from her. She finally managed to get her to leave the buggy when she asked her mom to go get her a bell pepper. Her mom kept saying what is a bell pepper? She told her to come on and she would show her a bell pepper. That was when I finally was able to pull away and walk away. It really scared me .
These foster children are not my kids and I don't know most of their family members and as far as I knew this could have been a relative trying to snatch Amber or just a stranger. These days you just can't trust anyone. I'm just glad that I had buckled her in the seat,because I believe she would have removed her from my buggy and that would have been bad. It was a scary moment for sure.
Well that was my weekend. It was a pretty busy one but a good one!
Now today, we are back to the same old schedule. This is out last week of school before we have Christmas break. So we are trying to get a lot accomplished and I've gotta get caught up in my house. The weather this week is going to get up into the 70's. I can't believe the week before Christmas week and it is gonna be warm here...grrrr It just doen't feel like winter.
Anyhow, I guess I should get busy. I have so much to do and so little time.
Hugs, Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a really scary story. You handled it much better than I would have.

    I love weekend where you can just hang out with family. They are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...