~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 17, 2008

It was a crazy day!

Yesterday was crazy! It was chaotic! The transporter that carries my foster children to and from visits, had to quit due to the fact that the county could no longer afford her services. So the case manager asked me if I could bring the kids to a visit...so I did. I carried them and left them and she agreed to bring them back home. This worked out good for me,because she was already due for a home visit, so she could bring them home and do our home check at the same time.
Well, I got back home to find I had a house full and I do mean "FULL" of company. Brent had company over, the kids had company over, all of my kids were here, etc. We had 28 people in my house. I was so worried ,because I knew the case worker was on her way and it looked like we were throwing some huge wild party. Not to mention my yard was full of vehicles and kids running in and out the doors. I just bit my tongue and hoped for the best. Oh and did I mention my grand-puppy(Anna's dog) was here too and we had to keep him in the house(which I normally don't allow) but my dog(which lives outside) is very aggressive toward other dogs, so we had to keep Anna's inside and he was running wild due to the fact the kids were wild. We are not allowed to have any extra pets without informing the case worker first... It's just a foster parent rule. So my life and house was crazy and I was worried.
But, she arrived and she came in and she was just fine with all the chaos. She actually acted like it was no big deal at all. She just smiled. She talked and asked my grown foster daughter several questions. Then we talked about our transportation issues and I told her that I would transport them twice a month to help her out and she said she would love me forever if I could do that(it's nice to be loved) and she said that she would start paying for my miles...yay(Gas is expensive)! So it went really well considering all that was going on at the moment. But, boy was I worried and stressed out.
After she left, hubby paid Penny's & Darlene's to deliver us all food and we all set down and ate together and had a great time!!!
Now we have decided we are going to do this every Sunday:) My son-in-law made me agree to cook and set down together every Sunday with the whole gang. We use to do that, but now everyone is soooooo busy 24/7. But we are going to make it a point to start spending every Sunday together from now on...that should be interesting:)
Anyhow, that's how yesterday went and today...well school is out and I'm working on the shower I have tomorrow. I will be busy all weekend. However, so far today it is actually calm, but it is only 9:44am. Anyhow, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Chaos with a capital K! But you handled it like a pro. (Who wouldn't with as many kids as we have? hehe)

    Enjoy your weekend and Sunday dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...