~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 14, 2008

About my day

Well, it's been another busy one...as always. I woke up and decided it best to write out a To-Do list, just so I wouldn't forget what all I needed to do today. Here is how the first part of my day went and it all needed to be accomplished by 2pm, before my babysitting mom got back to pick up her kid:) So I packed bags and left here at 9:00am...
This is what I had to do...
1.Go somewhere to buy tape to tape up my ebay package.
2. Take package to post office and mail it off.
3. Go by the board of education and pick up form showing my child is enrolled in a homeschool program so that she can get her learners (Katie).
4. Take Ashley to the dermatologist which took forever and we got lost 4 times trying to find the place...thanks to mapquest....grrrrr Just that drive took 1 hour and 15 minutes to and from.
5. Take van for emissions test.
6. Stop and grab food to feed the tots.
7. Fill Ashley's prescriptions.
Then once I got home at exactly 2:05, I was happy to find that the babysitting mom was running late and didn't have to wait on me:)
At once I went into "super mom mode" and started trying to clean up my house, change diapers, pack diaper bags, start dinner, do some laundry, start baths, and now I'm just trying to get the homeschooled kids done and it is 7:37 pm. Not to mention my public schooled "foster son" had a load of homework...and did I mention I'm fighting off a migraine...soooo it's not been the greatest day. But I got everything done and for that I feel accomplished:)
However,I really don't like days like these. It seems we are all stressed out.
My son Jacob and my foster son Trin have been fussing ALL evening. It started with Trin coming home ill from school. He was already pouty and Jacob called him a girl...grrr Then Trin took a toy and threw it at Jacob and then Jacob hit him back....grrrrr They both got in trouble (with noses in the corner) but that made Trin so mad that he started screaming and he screamed for atleast two straight hours at the top of his lungs....nomatter what we said or done...he just got louder and louder. I finally told him if he didn't stop within 5 seconds that he was going to bed.
My hubby couldn't handle it,so he got up and left(some help he is) but he did take Jacob so that they could have time apart and that seemed to calm them both down...thank goodness. Sometimes, I feel like my hands are tied. I can discipline my own son and often I feel like I'm to hard on him and not fair, because I really can't discipline my foster son and he knows it...so he pushes me to my limit at times...grrrrr
Anyhow, enough on that.
***prayer request***
If you will please keep me in your prayers tomorrow. I have a doctors appointment. As some of you know, I have severe headaches. I've had migraines my whole life, but after having meningitis in 2002 and bell's palsey, they got much worse. I've seen numerous doctors over the years and each just prescribed me medicine after medicine, but nothing really helped. Last year, I saw a doctor nearly every month and sometimes more than once a month as he worked with me and tried hard to manage my head pain and he tried me on several different prevention and pain medicines, etc ,but nothing really helped or made that big of a difference. I just felt like they wanted to drug me more and more. So I took myself off of all medicines , because I really couldn't see that they were do anything ,but covering up the pain at the moment. I didn't like taking medicine everyday and I wanted to be in my right head to take care of my kids and to function. So I quit all the drugs he put me on after about a year of tries. I gave up on the medicines and on my doctor and decided that I would just have to live with the pain... so I do.
Now,I have atleast one of more days a week with severe head pain. Well, last week I saw a new doctor. He did a scan of my head and neck. He also did a pressure test, which I had never before had done. He said the pressure in the back of my head was 3.5 times more than normal. He told me to come see him on Monday (yesterday) and just walk in his office that I didn't have to have an appointment and that he would let them know I was coming. Well, they ended up having to cancel ,but he told me to come in tomorrow. He believes he can help me. At this point I'm ready to try anything, because these headaches control my life. I don't know what he can do ,but he believes he will be able to help me and not drug me. He said that he believes my pain is due to the pressure in my head and neck. So I'm anxious to meet with him to see what he thinks. So please keep me in your prayers.
Also, keep Brent in your prayers. He will meet with the doctor that is going to do his stomach surgery on Thursday.
Well, let me run. My little foster baby has turned my house upside down while I've been on here typing this. It never fails... I turn my back and she takes off like a hurricane through this house:) She loves when I get on the computer...lol
Have a good evening!


1 comment:

  1. I wish you all the best dear friend. I have already been praying and fasting for your husband. But I had no idea this was going on with you. I am soo sorry. I dealt with migraine in my youth. It is not fun. Luckily I found out mine were mainly from my neck getting out of place. I hope all goes well, and he is able to help. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...