~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 25, 2008

What a wonderful weekend!

It has been one of the best weekends of my life. We got to get Bay this weekend and even got to keep her for the night. I can't even begin to tell you how happy and thankful I felt to hold her in my arms again.
This is how it happened...
As you know our sweet baby went back home on Aug 12. We actually could have kept her until Aug 17, but we were going out of town and we agreed to let her go ahead and move back on the 12th. On the 13th, we left and went out of town for a few days to Florida. I left my children with babysitters, and placed my other two foster kids in another foster home for a week, and just got away with my hubby and some friends. It kinda helped to get my mind off of loosing Bay. But last Monday, as I started back on a normal routine, it really set in. It was a tough week for me. It felt like I had lost a child and it was very hard at times. I held on to hope and prayed hard that God would make a way for me to be able to see my baby and see that she is okay. I just needed peace of mind. But, I was to scared to call and ask to see her, because I feared they would say no and I knew I would be devastated. Plus, I didn't want to be a pest or cause any problems.
So all week I tried not to dwell on it (which was hard) and I tried to keep myself busy. When something bothers me, I always seem to do better if I keep active. So as you can imagine I was busy and on the go all week.
Well, Friday arrived and I took the kids to Stars & Strikes for Trin's 6th birthday.
On Saturday, I woke the twins up early, because I wanted to do something for their birthday, because I had not had a chance before. So I got them up, but they kept giving me all these reasons why we shouldn't go( they knew Bay was coming home for the weekend, but I didn't). I was confused, because It was not like them. They had wanted to do something every weekend and they knew I was excited that we could this weekend, but they didn't seem to be excited. Well, finally I talked them into going to the mall and buying new clothes for winter. Who has to beg a teen to buy clothes????
While we were there Katie called and said her dad wanted to know if we were on our way home yet. I said, no. I was still at the mall and then I needed to go get groceries.
She said her dad said, not to go get groceries, just come on home, and that we could buy groceries later. I couldn't understand it... Brent hates when I waste gas. So why would he want me to drive right by the grocery store and all the way home? I argued and told him I was not going back out to get groceries, because I was already right by the store. Finally, he said, "If you love me you will come home now". What could I say? I was so frustrated. I figured he must have plans to go out with our friends or he was wanting to go see our other friends new baby that had just been born, because he had already mentioned that the night before. Anyhow, I came home.
When I walked in my door, there set my baby girl "Bay". I can't even tell you how happy I was. I lost it. I couldn't have been any happier at that moment. I never dreamed I would ever see my baby setting on my couch again. Brent had called Bay's mom on Friday and they had it all planned out as a surprise for me. Brent asked her when we had to have her back home and she said we could keep until Sunday. I never ever ,ever ,ever dreamed she would get to stay the night again .
Needless to say, my house is a wreck, because I didn't do anything ,but hold and play with my baby all night and day. It was the happiest weekend. I even got to take her to see Nanny. Nanny was thrilled to see her. It was a prayer answered! GOD IS GOOD!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...