~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 26, 2008

As I promised...

When we got back from vacation, I had told you that I would tell you all about our vacation...well here it goes.
Brent and Lee planned a surprise vacation for Judy and I. After tossing around a few vacation ideas they decided on Miami/The Florida keys. They planned it out, made all the arraignments, and kept it all a secret from us. They did a good job because being by the ocean is one of my favorite places to be.
Early Wed morning (Aug 13) we drove to the Atlanta airport and boarded the American Airlines plane to Miami. It took us a little over an hour to fly there, because of bad weather. It was exciting flying because Brent & Judy had never flew before and Lee & me hadn't flew since we were kids.
We all loved it ...but Lee. He got soooooo sick. He was air sick the rest of that day.
When we landed in Miami we had a rental car waiting and we drove to our hotel -Miami Beach Resort and Spa. It was super nice. It was the nicest place I've ever stayed. However, very few people spoke English and the ones that did couldn't do it very well. It was actually nice when we did run into an English speaking person. It was frustrating anywhere we went to try to get directions or even to order food was frustrating. But, other than the language barrier, it was nice. On Wednesday we pretty much rode around checking out the sites in Miami. On Thursday, Brent and I decided to venture off alone, because Lee was still kinda sick from the flight and he was trying to get an alternative route home. However, he did fly home and didn't get as sick because it was night and he took 4 dramamine tablets. Anyhow...
On Thursday, Brent and I drove down to the Florida keys through the Ever Glades. We stopped off and spent several hours in Key Largo and Islamarado. It was just so beautiful!!!! It amazed me how clear the ocean water is down there compared to up here. We ended up driving back up to Miami on Thursday night to check in on Lee & Judy. Lee was some better, so we gave them the keys (we shared the rental car). They ventured off while we enjoyed our hotel and the beach. The place we stayed had everything we needed under one roof. I had three restaurants(2 inside & one on the beach). It had stores to shop, a salon, spa, pools, bars(no I don't drink), ball rooms, and more. It was really nice. It was fun to have an all in one place to stay right on the beach.
On Friday, we spent the day at South Beach....now that is one wild place. I was so surprised that they have a place like that ,that is legal. We saw all kinds of sights that I never cared to see, but the ocean and the beach was beautiful!!!!!!! The shops were expensive and the food was too, but it was so fresh and so good that it was worth the money.
We flew back into Atlanta on Saturday. We enjoyed our time in the airport just about as much as the trip. It is amazing all the people you see and the way they dress, especially in the Miami airport. It was really neat.
It was a great vacation. I really needed it. I missed having the kids with me, but it was nice having a break.
Now, we are home and Brent is ready to go again. Up until Lee got sick flying, we had planned to fly up to Canada , but now he says he will never fly again. So who knows where we are headed next???? I guess we will just have to wait and see. I just hope next time we can take our kids too. I know they would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...