~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 8, 2008

What have we done this week????

Bay is gone for her overnights this week with her birth mom. She will be gone from Wed-Sunday...which feels like forever. It is just so empty feeling without her. I can't wait until Sunday when I can go and get her. I went to Party City and Toys-R-Us yesterday,to buy her birthday/going away party stuff. We are having a princess theme first birthday party for her on Sunday. I have so much I've got to get done for her ,before she leaves us next week ,and I guess that will keep me busy all weekend.
Everyone wonders why I want to do these things for Bay, considering she is leaving us. Well, I love Bay just like she is my own ,and I want the very best for her even if she can't stay here. I want her to have everything she needs in her new home even if it means I have to buy it. I want her to have baby books with pictures and such from her first year, because that is a part of her past. My mom took very few pictures of me in my first few years and I wish she had taken more, because I don't remember anything from that time of my life ,and I don't want Bailey not to have that. I love Bay and I would do just about anything for her to be happy and well cared for and I know that is hard for some to understand, but I can only say it is out of love for her and it brings me joy to be able to do for others.
Yesterday, we had our monthly home visit with dfcs. She came out and visited awhile and that went well.
Once she left, I took Jacob to the dentist. They ended up pulling two of his side teeth. One he had lost a cap off of (which I didn't know) so it couldn't be re-capped or saved, and they decided to just pull it. Which was a good thing because be really needed more space in his mouth, it is so overcrowded. Then the other tooth they pulled, he had broken it off at the gum line. They basically had to dig it out of the gum. They weren't able to get it all, so we have to wait for his big teeth to push the rest of it out. They will be putting him in a retainer with spacers to make room for his big teeth. He was pretty sore and laid around most of the day yesterday.
As for today, well we really don't have any big plans. I'm going to try to get Bailey's picture album and scrapbook finished up and get my computer cleaned off...It is running so slow these days...grrr Other than that,I guess we will have girls night out this evening which is going out to eat and shopping.
As for the rest of the weekend, I will probably be packing up for my vacation. Brent and I will be leaving with friends on a trip next week. My kids will be having sitters coming to the house to keep them and the babies will be staying with another foster family while we are away. I really need some time to just get away to re-charge my battery I guess you could say. It's been awhile since I got away. Brent and I haven't be alone on a vacation since 1994. So it has been a looooong time. However, if it was up to me I'd be taking the kids with us...lol I love having my kids with me everywhere I go.
Well, that is about it for us.
I wish you all a wonderful and safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...