~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 13, 2008

Stopping by...quickly.

Well, it has been an interesting few days. We had a good weekend! On Friday, Me, Ashley, Jon,Samantha, and Bailey went out to eat at Cracker barrel and had a good time together.
On Saturday, Ashley and me went shopping for Anna's shower. We had sooooo much fun!!!!!! It still seems strange buying stuff for my daughter's house. She just seems to young to be moving out and getting married.
On Sunday, we went to church. After church, we got the scare of a lifetime. I had already taken the baby out and buckled her in the van with Brent, Ashley, and Jacob. Then I went back in the church to find Jon, so that we could get on our way to Mom's for Mother's Day. About that time, my friend ( the lady I babysit for) came up and grabbed me by the arm and she was hysterical. I said what's wrong Christy? She said, "Austin is missing". I babysit Austin. He is three years old and he had just been there infront of me in church. Of course, that was all she had to say and I took off searching. We looked and looked for that child for about 15-20 minutes along with everyone else that goes to church with us. We finally found him hid in some bushes. He just came out smiling. His mom came back over to me and just wrapped her arms around me and she cried and cried. I don't think I've ever seen someone so upset before. It nearly scared us all to death.
After that, we went to Mom's and ate lunch. Then, we went to Linda's to visit for a little while.
On Monday morning, Samantha called me and said, "you are not gonna believe this". I ask her what? She said, she had played the lottery that night before and won $50,000. She really did win! I was soooo happy for her! It couldn't have come at a better time.
Last week, she had been in a wreck and as we set on the side of the road in the dark at 10pm, waiting forever for a cop to show ,we had a looooong talk. She was really discouraged and upset and just feeling like her life wasn't worth living. I told her, "Samantha, this is life and things like this happen and that one day down the road , she will look back and realize this was just a bump in the road , and I reminded her that she has so much going for her. She has her whole life ahead of her and that maybe the reason things have happened the way it had lately was maybe because God has other plans for her and her life. She said when she won the money she told her boyfriend about the talk we had. She was just thanking God that he sent this just in time to pull her out of the hole she's been in.
Now, don't get me wrong. I really don't agree with lottery and kinda look at it as gambling, so therefore I don't play, but if she does it is her business and I'm happy it worked out for her.
So it for sure has been an interesting few days.
Sorry...gotta run...I'm out of time, but I'll write again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...