~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 4, 2008

Monday already????

Just found a few moments and thought I'd stop in. Actually, I had planned on sleeping in until 7:00 am ,but it just wasn't meant to be( just as it hasn't been in weeks). The problem is, that our kind neighbors decided to purchase 20+ chickens to add to their collection of animals and that was all good except that the sweet little darlings like to spend their time at my house instead or theirs, and their most favorite place to be (besides in the middle of the road or on the other neighbors porch where they like to poop) is at my bedroom window. And may I add,these are not your average chicks. I tried to out smart them this morning, I thought if I set my clock and got up at 4 am and moved from my bedroom to the den couch, that I wouldn't be able to hear them and maybe i'd be able to sleep in and they wouldn't be able to cluck and cock-a-doodle-doodle me nuts. Well ,I did just that and moved, but guess what? They did too. They are now hanging out by the den window and cock-a-doodle-doodling louder than ever. So I gave up and got up and here I am. Now,please don't get me wrong... I don't hate chickens. Actually, I love chicken...the fried kind we call fingers here in Ga. Well, don't worry, I'm not gonna kill nor cook the neighbors chickens ,that wouldn't be very Christian like of me anyway. I couldn't kill any animals even if I wanted to. I'm the one that tries to save and nurse all of God's critters back to health. Which is probably the reason we've had so many wild rabbits, opossums, racoons, squirels, turtles, lizards,an old bull frog,and how could I forget those precious field mice that my mother-in-law thought we would love to have as pets. I hated to disappoint her ,but I don't do rats.
Well, I guess this is what you get when you don't live in the city. I've traded street lights, beeping horns, and sirens for the sound of cock-a-doodle-doodling...I guess it could be worse.
Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...