~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 21, 2009

Today's Devotion


Verse-Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
Thoughts-
Christ lives within us every day, not simply on Sunday or when we gather with a particular group of people. In our society today it is hard for many to remain true to themselves and their moral standards at all times. It's all too easy to bend a little to "fit in". God does not require us to "fit in" He does however require us to follow the truth as we have been shown any less is unacceptable. Even within Church's there are those who compromise truth for money, status, or popularity. They give in to obtain a small thing now, enjoying a moment of satisfaction and all the while forfeiting their greatest treasure. It is quite possible that those faithfully standing in the shadows never having spoke or sang in huge auditoriums or for the most part never recognized will be just the ones who accomplished the most, simply because they remained true to themselves and their God. Their prayers and sacrifice's may never be seen or heard by men but they certainly have not gone unseen by God.

3 comments:

  1. You and I are on the same page today. It is so nick to have an extension of my thoughts. I also just read your "Resignation" post and all I can say is, "Can I go with you?"

    God Bless,
    Mimmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blog! I'm so glad I found you, and will come back often for inspiration!You have a new follower! Not that you need one...wow! You have a ton! I'm not surprised though:)

    Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...