~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 21, 2009

Here is my resignation


I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.
I have decided that I would like to accept the
responsibilities of an 8 year old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle
and make ripples with rocks.
I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big tree and run a
lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.
I want to return to a time when life was simple.
When all you knew was colors, multiplication tables,
and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you,
because you didn't know what you didn't know
and you didn't care.
All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully
unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair.
That everyone is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is possible.
I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life
and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again.
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes,
mountains of paperwork, depressing news,
how to survive more days in the month
than there is money in the bank,

doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles,
hugs, justice, a kind word, truth, peace, dreams, love,
the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So....here's my checkbook,
my wallet, my car-keys,

my credit cards and my 401K statements.
I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further,
you'll have to catch me first, cause,
"Tag! You're It."

13 comments:

  1. Not me...I am resigning with you!

    Cute post!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! I like it! Life was so much more fun before we had responsibilities, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome.........I love it!! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy,

    If only, right? I would gladly turn over the right to negotiate fights between siblings, dealing with other adults issues, concerns and worries, and I want to answer all my questions with why? The truth be told, I really don't want to know the why. It takes all the magic out of believing what kids believe. I want to know that hugs will always make anything better, and that cookies with cold milk is the way to make any day better.

    Let's play a great game of tag!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!

    Love,
    Kelly
    http://www.ivebecomemymother.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post! I think I'll join ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post. When we were kids we couldn't wait to grow up. Now I wish I had enjoyed and appreciated my childhood more while I was in it. What was the hurry to grow up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love this poem - nothing wrong with being a kid from time to time:)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you write this? Because it's great and I think you should shop it for publication. Seriously, it's WONDERFUL and nostalgic. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
    Blessings,
    ~toni~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post!!!

    PS I left you an award on my blog!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...