~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jun 3, 2009

Meet My Family- 2009

Well, I thought it was time for an updated version of

"Meet My Family"
So Here is my 2009 version:)
1.On the right is me, "Sandy" I'm the lady behind this blog.
2. On the Left is the "Hubby" on my blog. His name is Brent. We've been married since 1989 and If I counted that correctly we've been married right at 20 years now. We married VERY young at age 16 & 18,but we've made it! 3. The girl in this picture is one of the most amazing girls you could ever meet. She is the sweetheart of the family. This is my oldest bio daughter "Anna" with her hubby "Corey". They married in June 2008 and are one of the funniest couples ever...they keep me laughing or should I say rolling...lol

Corey & Anna are expecting their first baby & my first grandchild!
Little Baby Wesson should arrive sometime around Feb 1st!!!! Next...
4. This beautiful girl is my second born daughter "Katie".
She is the out spoken "Princess" of the family. She is my girly girl through and through:) And loves photography just like her Mom! Now, Meet The Twins!!!!!!!
5. Meet my baby girl "Ashley". She is the one that is the most like me. She and I are like peanut butter & jelly...we stick together. She is for sure 100% a Mama's girl.

6. Finally a boy! That is what I said the day we were blessed with our first son "Jonathan" but better known on my blog as "Jon". He is Ashley's twin!!!! He is one strong & hard working boy. He is a mini of his Dad.
7. And this is the baby boy of the family "Jacob". He came exactly 8 years after the twins:) He is all boy and always up to something. His siblings say he is spoiled rotten, but I can't imagine why they would say such a thing about such a darling boy *wink*.
8. Next,I would like to introduce you to the oldest of our children(I know you are a bit confused now). But this is actually the oldest kid. We added "Samantha" to our family through foster care in 2003. She is one beautiful & bright girl or should I say woman ,because she is 20 now. People seem to think she favors me more than my own do.


Now, I bet you thought we were done?!? Well, we aren't. Through fostering we have had 16 other children to come in and go from our lives. Each child left their marks behind. Some left roots that run so deep that they are 4-ever connected to us...just like Samantha above.


9. Another of those kids is "Bailey". If you've spent anytime here on my blog, then I know you've seen her name come up over and over. Sometimes we call her Bailey ,but mostly we call her "Bay". She is and will always be "Our Baby Girl". She came into our life through foster care at birth and remained with us for her first year. However, after she went home we remained an active part of her life(I thank her family for that). Only now we are playing the part as "Uncle Brent & Aunt Sandy" in her world and she plays the part of "Sunshine" in ours:)
~Touching the future...one child at a time~ Matthew 18:5 And whoso shall receive one such
little child in my name receiveth me.
~~~~~~
With each child that we foster, we do our best to continue having a relationship with them. Some families want that and others just want to move on and forget their past...I can't say I blame them. However, these kids were a part of our family and will forever hold a special place in our hearts. Below are some of my other fosters that are still very much a part of our family... Trinton & Amberly with their sweet baby brother Devon.


She is a great big sister!!!!
~~~~~~~~
At the moment we have no fosters in our home. But,at any moment the phone may ring and we will add another branch or two or three... to the family tree:)
~~~~~~~~
I am one VERY blessed lady!!!!!
God has been so good to me!!!!!!
~A Quote I Really Like and often think on when dealing with families in foster care~
~~~
There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't learned nothing...when do you think is the time to love somebody the most; when they done good and made things easy for everybody? Well then, you ain't through learning -- because that ain't the time at all. It's when he's at his lowest and can't believe in himself 'cause the world done whipped him so. When you starts measuring somebody, measure him right, child, measure him right. Make sure you done taken into account what hills and valleys he come through before he got to wherever he is." – Raisin in the Sun

46 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful family and you don't look old enough to have kids that age. You could be one of their sisters. Your poor husband with such beautiful daughters. At least my husband has four older brothers to help him fight off the boys with sticks. (or shotguns according to him)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family and what a blessing you must be to all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are truly blessed. They are beautiful, and apparently keep you very young looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...what an amazing family and people you are!! i truly admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the first person I've ever met who got married younger than I did, and are still together. Praise God!!! (I had just turned 17 and he was 20)I don't know about you, but it was so hard for us in the beginning, after the "young love" wore off and the realities of grown up relationships and life came down. It just goes to show though, that with God all things ARE possible. You seem as though you couldn't be happier now, and I feel the same as well. I'm so glad you continue to use the mothering gifts that God has given you. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Don't forget to get the award I gave you at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to connect with you. I loved reading about your family and learning about your home. Although I have yet to be a mother to a foster child, it is something that is dear to my heart and a plan for our future. I plan to keep your blog in my radar! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your family is beautiful. Your willingness to open your home and hearts to foster children is simply amazing - I so admire you.

    Blessings to you!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing. I have always known that fostering is something that I would like to do. Right now I have 4 small young ones and not an inch of space to spare but one day it will happen. It is nice to know someone whom I could go to with questions when the time finally comes when we can open our doors and hearts to those who need it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful family! It's awesome that you're a foster parent too...God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your whole family is so beautiful! God has blessed you tremendously. What a ministry you have there too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...You are very blessed....and very patient lol...You don't look any older than me either...in fact...you look younger...how do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW I don't know how you do it! Your kids are all so beautiful! You are truly blessed and I think it is awesome that you foster, it takes a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your children are beautiful. It's such a blessing to be raised in a Christian home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sandy, this is AWESOME. Your family is beautiful. And though you humbly say that you are blessed, I dare say they are too.
    Beautiful through and through.

    And the fostering -- so inspirational.

    Thanks for sharing -- and happy 20 years! My hubby and I will celebrate 20 this August as well...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your WHOLE family is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your family is absolutely beautiful Sandy! Thank you for sharing them with us, and letting us get to know all of you through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Coming over to thank you for the award you gave me! You are so sweet...and I am honored!

    Wow! You are blessed my friend! What a BEAUTIFUL family you have! What a blessing to the children you have touched through the years!

    I grew up with foster kids too. Sadly, my mom did not keep contact with them. I often wonder what they are doing in their life.

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your children, ALL of them, are beautiful! I am so impressed with all that you do, especially having started at such a young age. I think that says so much about you as a person - in a good way!

    And thanks for checking and commenting on my blog! How did you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sandy, you have a lovely family, and what a blessing to have had children so young... I can imagine you and your older daughters must be almost more like friends than mother-daughter. The Lord bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sandy -
    Your family is so beautiful!! You must be so proud of each and every one of them!

    Foster parenting is something that I have always wanted to do. It takes a special person to be able to do it - that speaks volumes about the kind of person you must be and the love that you have to share with your kids.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us! You are an inspiration
    Blessings,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just left a comment, but wanted add another and thank you. THe world needs more good Christians to be foster parents. I was adopted at birth and hold a special place in my heart for children in need of a home, be it permanent or temporary. You must have a big heart. Although I've just started to follow your blog, it has already proven inspirational. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have a beautiful family! God has blessed you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your kids are absolutely beautiful! Good for you for doing the foster care...It takes a special kind of person to do that...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful family!!! Children are wonderful blessings. Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

    Praying you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, you have an absolutely beautiful family!! What an inspiration you are to all of those children. Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. you look wayyyy to young to have all those kids;) I'm so happy I found your blog. Beautiful family. You are such an inspiration..thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful family!!!!
    Amazing and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow you have an amazing and beautiful family! you are a very blessed lady. i have wanted to be a foster parent since i was a child. right now it is not do-able, but i cant wait until it is. :D

    oh, and hi from sits!

    ReplyDelete
  31. oh my! what a beautiful family. I always thought I would foster but never did it. Brody came into our lives and now I am just worn out!! I do think of fostering a lot though. maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow I think you have been abundantly blessed! It seems as though the 'fountain of youth' is with the women I meet with many children! Saw that you began following me and while I do not deserve such a pleasure I can see I will enjoy following your journey as well! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, what an amazing family! God has surely blessed you, they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh thank you so much for sharing. I LOVE pictures, I LOVE seeing family's, and LOVE pictures of children. I run a home daycare and I can take pics all day long of my wee ones.....What a beautiful story....

    ReplyDelete
  35. You two must be VERY special to have invited so many into and on through your home! My husband and I have adopted two and that is a lot in itself, but I can not imagine having so many come and go. Having had our second foster(now adopted)child come to us at just under 4 months, I know how fearful I was that she would have to leave us. I can only imagine how you felt knowing your little lady was going home! We know her mother and keep a relationship with her, because I have a hard time cutting her out of her children's lives and we have both of them, so I maintain the best relationship possible for the sake of all involved.

    The funny thing is that I have been told that our adopted daughter looks more like me than our bio-daughters ever could, since they look just like their daddy with blond hair and blue eyes!

    Sorry to ramble on! Your family looks interesting! Lively, at least, right? Your children are beautiful! You truly are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have a beautiful family...thnx for stopping by my blog...we too were foster parents but Hubby said time to close out home since we adopted 5 of the 8 we had. I know 8 is a small number but we actully fostered a sibling group of 4 for almost 5 years before they "legally" became our children. I say legally because I always knew in my heart they were already ours... after our baby girl came to us at 4 months I knew our family was complete and there is NO way I could ever say no to a child who needs a home...soooo...Hubby said 5 is enough...I could have had several more but he is the one working soo hard so we decided to close our home, and enjoy what God blessed us with. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow! Sandy your family is absolutely beautiful! I had a baby 9 years after my youngest daughter. His name is Jacob too. He is only 16 months right now though. Your heart is amazing! I most definitely want to make friends with someone as devoted and loving as you. Keep blogging and let the world know how good He is through you and your family.
    God Bless,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Sandy, Thank You for sharing your awesome family. You are every blessed, as they are also having you in their lives. I was married very young too. We have been blessed and last month celebrated our 24th anniversary. Congratulations on your being married 20 years. I pray you have many more happy years to come:)Beautiful Family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am so moved by your bio!!
    You have a special family for sure!! What a tremendous calling and ministry you guys have changing the world one child at a time!! Congrats on the upcoming grandbaby!! Very exciting!!
    BTW:Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your family is so beautiful ~ and your heart for the Lord is contagious! What a beautiful post! And I love ALL of the quotes you have on your blog! Keep up the great work ~ I'll be back often!!
    Blessings to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! What an absolutely beautiful family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've been meaning to get over to your blog after seeing that you became a follower on mine...and am just now finding the time! What a beautiful family, and you don't look old enough to be having a grand baby soon!!! Look forward to learning more about you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  43. My beautiful friend,

    I LOVE your blog! It's beautiful just like you are. You have been such a blessing and inspiration to me since we met! I thank God for you~ *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  44. Just found your blog after you visited mine. What a lovely family, you are truly blessed! We need more good foster parents in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I enjoyed your pictures very much. You have a lovely family. God bless, Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...