~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 14, 2016

Just a quick update...


I don't even really know where to start. Life's been good but boy has it been busy. I will share a few highlights and I'm sure I will probably forget something. Here is what comes to mind...

Our Justin turned 3! He is the cutest little boy and such a joy. He is for sure a blessing from God! Mother's Day was wonderful! I got to see most of my kids and spent the day with my mom. It was such a blessing!
Z had a Mother's day tea party at school and he made me some of the sweetest little gifts. I sure love my precious boy. I can not wait to make him officially mine. No adoption day yet but hopefully soon!
5 days!!!! Only 5 days until Ada Grace is officially our little girl!!!! I am just crazy about our baby girl. I absolutely adore her. She is for sure a perfect fit in our family.
We have decided not to adopt Dimples our 1 year old foster daughter. We go to TPR on her next month and if TPR is granted she will be moving to a new adoptive home. Please keep her in your prayers. As much as we love and adore her we think it's best that she be matched with a family that has more time to focus on her.  She has come a long ways in therapy since she has been here and honestly I believe that she will eventually no longer need therapy and will make a full recovery.
School is drawing to an end and Z has done awesome in kindergarten! He is moving on to 1st grade!
Carter graduated preschool last night! He is such a sweet heart. I am so proud of him.
Blaze had another preschool IEP meeting this week with another one already being planned...grrrr We are still trying to figure out where he will go to preschool this coming school year. This has been the hardest thing. It is so different when you have a special needs child.
Blaze has been officially matched with a deaf mentor. We should meet her and our interpreter this week! We are so excited. This has been a long time coming. Actually, we've waited over a year to be matched. I just pray it's a good match. I hope Blaze will be a blessing to her and she to him.
Blaze is doing 4-5 therapies a week now and he is do unbelievably amazing. He has come so far. He is such an amazing kid!
He has been approved for a communication device. He will be getting the Nova Chat 8. He is already training for it and doing really good.
Blaze got molded for new braces this week. Hopefully, if all goes as planned he will get shorter ones this time (If the Dr allows). Shorter ones will be much better since the taller ones make him so hot.
Blaze finished the Autism Community program at Marcus. He is still in their feeding program and on the waiting list for a couple more programs but at least finishing that program clears our Tuesday schedule (which is soooo nice!). We are trying to get all of his therapies moved to Monday and Fridays so he can go to preschool Tuesday-Thursdays (when school starts). I wish we lived closer to Marcus and I would just send him there for school.
We have 2 weeks of school left and then summer break begins!!! I'm looking forward to some down time. The last few summers have been tough with all of Blaze's appointments so hopefully this one will be a bit more easy and FUN!
Well, that's it for now. This mom is ready for bed! Good night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...