~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 2, 2015

It's the most wonderful busy time of the year...



It's the most WONDERFUL and BUSIEST time of the year. This whole year has been very busy for me but these last few weeks have been super busy and then some. We've had a whole lot going on and it doesn't look like it will end any time soon.

The biggest event for sure is in the post just before this one. Our beautiful daughter Ashley got engaged on Nov 14 to the man of her prayers. It was by far the sweetest and most beautiful thing ever. We are just over flowing with joy and happiness for her and Brandon. We wish them all the best. Now, it's wedding planning time!!!!!

We are just two steps away from adopting our baby girl. We have one more meeting with our lawyer and then we have our day in court. We are crossing our fingers that this is the month that Ada Grace will become our little girl forever. We are so excited!!!!

Our little Blaze has had a tough few weeks. Last month, we had a scare with him. During an MRI they thought that they had found some new spots on his brain, so we had to take him back in to have a repeat MRI done. Thankfully, he does not have any new areas of concern. They saw more places only because he is older now and his brain has grew and that made it appear as if he had more spots. The spots are scar tissue/ damage from the infection he had at birth (CMV/ CP), but they are not new. Monday he had to have sinus surgery and they also removed his adenoids. He has had a chronic sinus infection for over 6 months that just wouldn't clear up with meds, so the ENT decided it was time for surgery. He is doing a whole lot better today. I had several tell me that it's a tough surgery but he did so good. He is one tough kid. We are also taking him for a third opinion on CIs. I'm not getting my hopes up to high because we've been told "NO" twice now, but the ENT and his neurologist think it's possible, so we are going for the third opinion. Blaze is doing therapy five times a week right now and going to the autism center two days a week. After waiting over a year, he finally got accepted into the autism center's developmental program. . He is doing so good! The 8 week feeding program has now turned into 9 months, but he has improved a whole lot. Hopefully soon he will be done with that program. Blaze has kept his mama busy all year, but I don't regret one second of it. He is worth it. He has brought us so much joy. He is the most unique and amazing child I've ever known.

Our baby foster "Dimples" had a CT scan done on the 18th and then met with her neurosurgeon. He was amazed at how well she is doing. When she came to me she couldn't even hold her head up but now she is crawling and pulling up. It's amazing. She is in therapy 3 days a week and it shows. She has come a looooong ways. I love seeing God perform miracles in the lives of these kids. In just a few more days we will be celebrating her very first birthday!

We are all getting excited about Christmas! I love seeing that little sparkle in all of the kid's eyes. We have a lot of little ones in our family now and it makes Christmas so much fun! The trees up, the music is blasting, the nativity scene is out, and the stockings are hung. A few more small gifts to get and then we'll be done. I just love this time of the year.

It's that time again. Time for our fostering re-certification. Wow! I can't believe how fast the years have come and gone. 34 kids later and we are still fostering. I would have never imagined that. It has for sure been a BLESSING  and a whole lot of WORK, but I love what I do, I love making a difference in the lives of these kids and their families. It brings me great  joy.

Well, I had a few more things to share but I'm out of time. It will just have to wait for another day. My little boy needs me more.


Goodnight to all.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...