~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 11, 2014

One Of The Best Weekends Ever!

We had one of the best weekends ever! It was AWESOME!
The biggest thing we have to share about our weekend is that our little man Blaze learned to walk! He has been walking with the help of a gate trainer and then a walker since last October, but this time he walked with no help!!!!! He just let go of the couch and walked across the room. It was by far one of the happiest moments of my life. We've worked so hard and we've waited so long. I was just overcome with joy and happiness for Blaze. We were told over and over that he would never be able to walk. Well, he did and he can!!! He is like any child when they first start walking, he is still wobbly and he still falls frequently, but I know every day from here forward he is just going to get better and better at it.  I am so proud of my little boy! He is the most amazing kid I've ever met.

Saturday was Brookelyn Shae's Day and she didn't mind letting everyone know it. We planned a fun trip to Cleveland GA to visit the Cabbage Patch Babyland General. It is by far one of the sweetest places ever to take a little girl. We took Bailey a few years ago and I couldn't wait for Brookelyn to get old enough to be able to go and enjoy it. Click here to see pics from Bailey's trip.
Unfortunately, my camera card went bad while we were there, so I lost several of my pictures, but thankfully my daughter Ashley took a few so she sent what she had to me. Pictures can't capture how sweet and beautiful Baby Land is. It really is worth the trip:)

Then the other BIGGY of the weekend is that we got to see Baby Girl (Brylee) our past foster daughter. It was so good seeing her. She is doing well and getting stronger every day. She just celebrated her birthday and she is about to start preK. She was so sweet and so happy to see us. It just blessed my heart.

Now, here comes the pictures.....


We missed our turn :)




The hospital cost over 2 million dollars to build.
It's amazing and beautiful
and yes VERY girly.


I remember when cabbage patch kids first came out.
I remember when I got my very first one
and how excited I was. When they first came out in stores the supply
couldn't keep up with the demand.
I was one of the fortunate kids that  got one that Christmas.





They have cases and cases of the first cabbage patch kids.
Now, most of the first cabbage patch
 kids have a value of $15,000 or more.




Click to enlarge and read some of the history.




That smile :)
Oh how I enjoyed our trip.














A new baby arrived while we were there:)
Everyone gathered around the cabbage patch 
to see the new addition.
Brookelyn loved that part!
It's so cute and so funny how they deliver the babies
out of the patch!


With so many babies it was so hard to choose.


Maybe this one? Maybe not.

hmmm...or this one?!?

She picked her baby! Finally!
After picking up almost a dozen.
Then...
She raised her right hand and repeated the adoption oath,

"I promise to love my Cabbage Patch Kid with all my heart. I promise to be a good and kind parent. I will always remember how special my Cabbage Patch Kid is to me.”

It was sweet:)
I wish my pics would have taken of the ceremony.
She was so excited!
And now we are pleased to present to you,
Brookelyn and her baby
"Savanah Kelly"
she named her all by herself :)

If you ever happen to be in the North GA area and
you have a special little girl in your life,
then I would encourage you to stop by Baby Land.
Home of the Cabbage Patch Kids /Little People Dolls.

We are already counting down to 
when we can take the next trip!
Next will be Adalyn & Kaylan's turn.
We just want to wait until
 they are a wee bit older
and able to enjoy it :)



Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...