~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 22, 2014

Poor sick babies...

 What can I say about these last few days??? They have been tough. I've about been at my breaking point.  I've had a house full of sick little ones. As you can tell by my lack of updates,  I've been BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and EXHAUSTED. I am very sleep deprived these days. My wee tiny foster baby girl has been really sick for almost two weeks. I've made two trips to the ER and two trips to the doctor, and we go back again tomorrow. It started out the weekend, before last. She had a head cold like pretty much everyone I know has right now. This crazy GA weather is probably to blame. It can't decide if it wants to be 40 or 90...grrrrr

  Last Tuesday (a week ago), I was awaken from my sleep. I can not tell you what woke me, but something did. I know I was sleeping, because I was dreaming a good dream. Then suddenly, I awoke and the first thing that went through my mind was the baby.  She had not woke up to eat. I jumped up and felt of her, but I didn't feel her breathing (chest moving). I put my hand to her mouth...nothing. I grabbed her up and she was as limp as a dish rag. I shook her and she moved a little and then went back limp. I just screamed. I started shaking Brent to try to wake him up, while shaking her in my arms. He woke up, jumped up, grabbed her, pounded on her, and she started crying. It was so scary. We took her to the ER and they came back and said she had a mucus plug that had blocked off her airway. I truly believe we would have lost her, if something had not woke me up. Maybe it was God.

After Tuesday, she still was struggling a little with the cold/ congestion. I took her to her Ped and she started her on breathing treatments. As of yesterday, she was still not getting better. She started vomiting almost every bottle and coughing constantly. So I took her back to the ER and this time they said she has pneumonia and started her on antibiotics. Hopefully those will kick in soon. They also said that the mucus plug had moved down to her right lung and had caused a portion of the lung to collapse. They said she will have to cough up the plug. WHAT!?!? Needless to say, I've hardily slept a wink. I've just been to scared. This little girl has really scared her foster mom. No more newborns for me.

I forgot to mention. Our 4 lb and 2 oz girl is now 7 lbs and 6 ozs. She also turned 2 months old!!!!!!!

Our little foster JK has been going through some testing this week at Children's. He was recently diagnosed with asthma after several URIs. His ped sent us to a pulmonologist and she started him on 5 meds. He is doing so much better. Ever since we got him he has rattled. Everyone always asks me if he is sick and I always say, no, he just rattles all the time. We've been going back and forth have testing done and so far all tests have came back clear. Hopefully it is just asthma and none of the scary diseases that they thought he might have. He has two more tests to go.


We've heard nothing on JK's case. Nothing. I feel we are just at a stand still. Nothing seems to be happening. It's been over a month since we had court. The judge gave DFCS 30 days to file the TPR paper work. Last Friday, was that deadline. So tomorrow, I'm calling. I've waited all week to hear anything. Something. But we've got nothing. I shouldn't be surprised, I guess. Go back and read Blaze's adoption story. His mom surrendered him at age 7 month old, but we didn't adopt him until he was 20 months old. It took that long and his case was an easy one. JK's is more complicated, because it has to go to full trial...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Our little Blazer is doing great. Every day I see him improving. Every day he does something new. Every day he gets stronger and smarter. I'm just so proud of my little boy. He has came a long ways. They moved his appointment up at the Autism center. They are going to start working on his eating first. That took top priority and the main reason they moved him up the waiting list.. Hopefully they will be able to do something for him and maybe help his feeding therapist work with him better. She's tried everything. We all have. 2 swallow studies, 2 upper GIs,  and almost 2 years of feeding therapy and we are still at baby food level. He still gags. He still chokes. He still vomits and sometimes aspirates. It's been a very frustrating thing for every one. He wants to eat. He tries. He puts food to his mouth and sometimes even in his mouth but he won't swallow it. It's like he fears choking or vomiting on it. So he spits everything out besides baby food and even the baby food has to be very bland. Not tangy or extra sweet and  he eats one kind and color at a time.

Well, that's all I have time for today. If you have a moment, please say a prayer for my sweet babies and us. All of this sickness, appointments, and lack of sleep is catching up with us.

 Have a great week everyone!

 
 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...