~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 12, 2014

Our NOT ALL BAD weekend...

Our weekend started off BAD, but ended SWEET! On Friday we were registered to take part in the Meth March. However, right at start time a terrible storm hit and shut that down. Meth has affected members of my family, my husband's family, and almost every single foster child we've had. Every newborn foster baby we've had has been born with meth in their systems. I hate meth. It has caused so much devastation in so many lives...the old as well as the young, the rich as well as the poor. It's every where. So when I was asked to take part in this event, I was more than ready. Fortunately, it has been rescheduled for June. As long as Katie's NOT in labor and a storms not hitting, I will be there. Pray for this event. Education and awareness is much needed.

After that fail apart, we made the not so smart move of stopping by checkers instead of going home to eat. Jacob and I ended up with food poison. We were sick all night and all day on Saturday....grrr Never ever again will I even consider eating at that place.

Due to us being sick and bad weather, our sweet little JK had to have his first birthday party canceled....grrr But, we did pick up his cupcake cake and the kids got to enjoy that. We will reschedule his party for another day.



But now on to the sweetness....

On Sunday, we attended Corey and Anna's church for a baby dedication. Our sweet little granddaughter Aniston was dedicated to the Lord. It was sweet. She is such a precious gift from God.

That's them on the far right side.

On the big screen.





After church, I got to spend the rest of the day with my Mom and some of my kids. I always look forward to any time I have with them:) I love my family.They are one of my biggest blessings.

A few pics of Carter & Blaze taken on Sunday.
They were almost dressed alike:)
I love these two little turkeys.


Jon & Carter




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend
and a happy Mother's Day.

 
 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...