~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 1, 2014

2013 A year In the rear view...


(My real calendar from 2013. Yes, it really is falling apart.)

If I had to sum up 2013 in just one word it would have to be
"BUSY"
I know you are not surprised, especially if you are a close friend or relative. To some I have been MIA. Well, here are the reasons why...

In 2013
I made 0ver 67 trips to Atlanta/Children's for my extra special babies.
Had 15 training hours/classes for fostering.
Took 8 hours of special needs training.
Had 13 court dates for the fosters.
Took 48 sign language classes.
Attended 241 therapy sessions with my babies.
Made over 120 family visits with birth parents.
Attended church every Sunday except for 3 Sundays.
Spent almost every Sunday with my parents. (After the loss of my brothers it became important to me to spend as much time as I could with them)
We welcomed two beautiful granddaughters!
Learned that we are going to have another grandbaby in June 2014.
Added 2 new foster children to our family.
Said goodbye to two foster children this year.
Adopted my precious baby boy "Joshua Blaze"
Took 2 family vacations (Beach and Mountains)
Took several day trips.
Also we had several meetings with the
 BOE, DFCS, CASA, GAL, CMS, and our Lawyers.


Here are the highlights of each month...

January
We celebrated Brookelyn's 3rd birthday!
We celebrated Adalyn's 1st birthday!
We welcomed little Kaylan into the world!
Ashley graduated CNA school!

February
Uncle Brent was honored to be asked to take Bailey to her Father/Daughter dance.
JJ our foster son moved to his new adoptive home.
Our Joshua Blaze turned the big ONE!
We met with Joshua's liver transplant doctor (It was all good news!).

March
Hands down the worst month of the year. One of the worst months of my entire life. Not only did we get hit with a tornado that destroyed much of our property/shop and done some damage to our home, but also that month our world was flipped upside down. Those closest to us, know what we endured that month and for 18 long days. If ever my faith had been tested it was March 2013. Only God got us through it.

April
Joshua joined the Atlanta Speech school.
Our judge granted termination on Joshua Blaze.

May
We added a new foster son "JK"
Ashley started a new job.
Anna announced she was expecting!
Joshua set up and pulled up for the 1st time.
Joshua and our foster daughter got accepted by CMS.

June
"JK" had to have emergency surgery on his stomach.
We took a trip to Jelly Stone.
We attended VBS (I even taught this year).
We celebrated Carter's 2nd birthday!

July
Joshua learned to crawl!
Our foster daughter turned three!
Baby "JK" had to have corrective surgery on his tongue.
Our foster daughter got approved for homebound pre-k.
We had the Sullivan family reunion.

August
We took a much needed vacation to Florida.
Baby "JK" was admitted for some testing on his heart.
Joshua was admitted into Children's for more testing.
Jon started driving!

September
We took a family trip to Tennessee with my parents.
Our foster daughter was admitted to Children's for testing.
Our foster daughter had stomach surgery.
We signed adoption papers on Joshua Blaze!
We started back to homeschool.
Jacob started the 6th grade!

October
We took a trip to the zoo.
Our adoption was finalized!
Joshua Blaze was hospitalized for seizures/testing.
Joshua learned to walk with a walker.
We enjoyed Halloween.
We enjoyed the Fall Harvest Festival at our church.
Our family/foster home was audited for the 1st time ever, can you say "Stressed Out"??? But I am very happy to say that we came out 100% shining!!!!
Jon got his first wheels! A truck he saved and bought himself:)

November
We got a new foster kid "choo choo"
We said "Goodbye" to choo-choo.
We attended Ashlyn's family day.
Our foster daughter was hospitalized for flu/GI problems.
Joshua was fitted and got a new gate trainer.
Baby "JK" was fitted for a cranial helmet.
Baby JK cut his first tooth!
Katie announced her pregnancy!
It snowed!
We celebrated Thanksgiving with Hubby's family and then mine:)
We were nominated for "Sunshine On A Ranney Day".

December
We welcomed Aniston into the world!
Baby JK learned to set up and tummy crawl!
We enjoyed Breakfast with Santa.
Our family sponsored 6 kids for Christmas this year (It was a blessing).
Visited Holiday Wonderland and took pics with Santa.
We enjoyed the holiday singing/play at our church. Jacob played the part of Joseph.
We had a gingerbread cookie party for the grandbabies.
We attended a Christmas party with our foster friends/families.
Enjoyed a Christmas party with Hubby's family and then mine on Christmas Eve.
Had our fostering re-cert/homestudy (still in process).

So if I didn't return your phone call the same day, didn't make it to all the parties and invites, didn't get that letter or card sent out on time, didn't respond to your email quickly enough, and if I looked a little tired... now you know why.

2013 was a very busy year, but overall it was a BLESSED ONE! My title said "A year in the rear view". Yes, 2013 is in the rear view now. It's behind us. I'm looking forward to what 2014 has in store for us. I no longer do New Year resolutions, because they have never worked out for me. Instead, I wake up every morning thanking God for another day. I've learned that God's plans are better than mine, so I just accept what each day brings and I'm learning life is easier when I take it just, "One day at a time".

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...