~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 9, 2013

A little of this and that...

 Just stopping by to say hello! I have had a post in mind for several days, but just haven't taken the time to set down to add the pictures and the words. I had planned on posting about Halloween and how adorable our little elephant, lion, and owl looked ,but I haven't.  I will say that we had a fun filled Halloween with our family and friends.

Then I planned to post about the Hallelujah Harvest festival that our church held last weekend, but it hasn't happened yet. However, I can say that we had a blast. We always enjoy the food and fellowship times with our church family. We love our church. If I ever get the chance I'll upload the pics. It was a good day.

Instead, tonight I'm posting once again from Children's hospital in Atlanta. It's been another one of those weeks. Baby girl is back in the hospital. She was here in August for surgery, she was here in September for another procedure, Joshua was here for testing  in October, and now baby girl is here in Nov. This time for sickness. It's getting really old. I just pray that this is it for hospital stays. I'm not coming here in December. No, I'm not!!!!! I refuse to. Dear germs go away and stay away from my babies.

So what's up this time?!?
On Tuesday, I was out and about most of the day and when I got home that evening our nurse had already put baby girl in the bed. I started a late dinner and then went in to check on her, change her diaper, etc  I took one look at her and realized something wasn't right. She didn't look right to me. She looked chubby. She wasn't the tiny looking little girl I'm use to. I went to change her diaper and realized her tummy was very tight and swollen.  Her belly looked as if it could pop any minute. I had never seen anything like that in my life. My first thought was something was bad wrong. Was it from her surgery? Was her feeds going to fast (oh wait, she wasn't on her night feeds yet)? Was she full of air? What was it? A million things started going through my mind. Ashley just happened to be on the phone with our head nurse (she's like family) and I told Ashley to ask her to come and come quickly. She said for me to take and vent her tummy (hook a drain tube to her g-tube) and run it into a diaper to see if anything comes out of the tube. I did. It wasn't a lot ,but whatever it was didn't look right. It looked like dark colored blood. It scared me. My nurse came, looked at her, and said go to Children's. I started packing and we headed out. She vomited a couple of times on the way and it looked like strings of blood. She's can't really throw up like we do, because of her tummy surgery, but she threw up some,and it wasn't normal.When I got to children's they took her right back. They ran tests and it came back that her white count was way to high. So they knew it was an infection of some kind. They then done xrays of her chest and tummy and for the most part they looked good. Then she threw up in the ER and they got to see what I saw. They agreed that something was wrong. It looked like blood and it was. After several more tests they decided she needed to be admitted into the ICU for more testing. It came back that she had gastritis which caused her to have bleeding of the stomach . That caused her digestion to slow down ,which caused build up of gases in her tummy. Also she had a bad UTI and now she has came down with the flu. She caught the flu since she's been here. She is doing much better tonight and acting more like herself. They had stopped her feeds to allow her tummy to heal, but they let her start back eating today, and she's done great. She was having a hard time keeping her pule/ox up because of the flu, but she's doing much better breathing (off the vent) and is actually on room air this evening. We are hoping this is a good sign and crossing our fingers that they will let us go home tomorrow or Monday. This girl loves to keep me on my toes. She knows how to scare me.

Our youngest foster has been fighting a cold all week. I guess it's that time of the year. I just hate when my babies get sick.

My father-in-law came and spent the night last night at the house. He hasn't been to see us in a long time. He lives in Alabama and he is getting on up in age, so he doesn't really travel that far anymore. So it was pretty exciting having Paw Paw here. I think he really enjoyed the kids.

Well, that's about all I have time for tonight. I'm going to curl up in this little chair and try to sleep. You just gotta love hospital furniture. I'd like to ask you all to please continue to remember our foster daughter in your prayers. Not only for her health, but also for her future as they seek her a forever home. It's going to be a huge adjustment for her and us. We are going to miss the little princess.

Also, things are FINALLY starting to happen in our baby boy (JK) foster's case. I'm not sure which way his case is going to go, but I'm praying that whatever is decided this week that it will be in his best interest. Please remember my foster kids and all the other foster kids in the system. They really need our prayers.

Good night to all:)






 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...