~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Feb 10, 2012

No I can't...

One of the hardest things about being a foster parent for me is having to say "No". You wish you could say, "yes" every single time that the call comes in, but you can't. You know that the state really needs you when they call,but ,you also just know when you are "not" the perfect match to a child or children. Since our home got approved for three more kids last week, the phone has been ringing. However, we've had to say "no" five times in a row now. I'm not good with saying "no" ,but I have gotten better than I was. I don't take in children that I know are a high risk. I've never had to have a child removed from my home and I pray I never have to, that's why I'm cautious with every call.  Sadly many kids come into care with lots of baggage (issues) and some of the baggage scares me to death. I'm not sure I could handle it. I also have to consider the children in my home and how the baggage of new children may influence them. Sometimes it's tough saying "no" ,but I know deep down in my heart that it's the right thing to say...sometimes.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...