~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 23, 2011

Would you like to make a difference?...


During the holidays, it seems to me, that people think about others more than at any other time of the year. Some churches/people adopt families in their community that are in need or a special child (ren)who may not be getting anything for Christmas.
 Well, if you are one of these kind hearted people, let me suggest something for you. Would you consider sponsoring a foster child this Christmas?  
Here in our county we have the Secret Santa program. Our Santas are thoughtful people who want to make a difference in the lives of abused children.
Some of our children have never experienced family gatherings, much less woke up to find gifts under a tree, so this a very special time for them and for us foster families. However, many of our foster homes are serving several children and it can be a lot on the foster parents to purchase gifts for so many little ones. Foster families really need help from their communities. We want our children to have a very special Christmas and one they will always remember but without help it would be much harder. Secret Santas are truly a blessing to us.
I've found with my fosters, that they are not nearly as spoiled as my own kids are. When you ask them to make you a wish list, they usually ask for simple things . Remember most of them have nothing, so they appreciate things a lot more than children who have every thing.
If you think this is something you might be interested in, call your local family & Children's services. It really does make a difference in the lives of these precious children.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea. If I get back to work soon, I'll get back with you about it. We usually do the Operation Christmas Child. I was supposed to go back to work 3 wks. ago but the training class was moved up. Have a Blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so giving! I am inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...