~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 27, 2011

Ashley's on the go!!!

Ashley got her very first car yesterday! I am so very excited for her and I'm so very proud of her.

This year has been a difficult year for us. After loosing two of the people I love most in the world (My brother & grandmother) ,my hubby lost his job. It felt like my world was turned upside down. It was just a devastating time for us. After the loss of our main income, things had to get tight. It meant we had to work harder at using our money & savings wisely. It meant our children could not depend on us for the extra things or extra money. The kids amazed us by stepping up. All of them started working and paying their own way & bills (phone, gas,etc). This was so different from what they were use to and honestly it made me very sad ,because they are my kids and I wanted to take care of them.

Ashley was driving around in my old mini van. She didn't complain ,but I know she felt odd being a teen driving a mini van. Plus everyone picked at her about it. It was old, loud, and run down. I was sad for her. I wanted her to have a car of her own. After all ,we had bought both of her sisters cars,but we couldn't do the same for her. So instead of feeling sorry for herself, she started working and saving, and saving, and saving. Yesterday, she paid cash and purchased her very own car. I'm so happy & so proud of her.

God blessed her with this car. The man dropped his price $1200 for it. It was meant to be Ashley's and no one could ever be more thankful than she is. God is good!  I pray that He will protect her every time she takes the wheel. Thank you Lord for your blessings on us.


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6
We Are On The Fence!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting.
    I believe our children take so much better care of things that they have worked and saved for.

    CUTE car by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of Ashley. Her car is beautiful. Our daughter did the same thing. We helped her secure the loan, and find the car. She made the payments and insurance. She had just turned 16. She took great care of her car and it still looked new when she got married.
    Blessings Sandy, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...