~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 27, 2011

When God Doesn't Make Sense...

I love that my daughter Katie now works at our library. She always finds awesome book and brings them home for me:) Last week she brought home "When God Doesn't Make Sense" By James Dobson

This is a very good book especially if you are going through some things that just don't make sense.
These are words taken from the inside flap..
"When we are young and health is good and we have not yet encountered disease, disappointment, and sorrow, it is easy to believe that life will always be rather carefree and happy. But every person who lives long enough will eventually experience difficulties that are not easy to understand. At those times the pieces simply will not fit, and God just doesn't make sense. Most of us are inclined in those moments to struggle with the most troubling question in human experience, *Why did God let this happen to  me?* ".

Can you relate? Have you been there? If you know anything about my childhood or what I've been through as an adult then you know I can relate, I've asked God the big "WHY?" many time in my life...even recemtly. If you can relate, then this book may be a blessing to you. It's a good book for those struggling with trials and heartaches that they just can't understand. Maybe it will help you better make sense of how God works in our lives.
God bless,

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Sandy.

    Have a blessed Memorial Day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book a few years ago and I loved it! It helped me to understand so much about my life that I thought I would never understand. And knowing that God has a 'reason' for everything...that helps me to better pray to see the open doors in my future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...