~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

May 24, 2011

Our Backyard Visitor...

We had a guest today! Jacob noticed them in the trees just behind the play area. It was a mama owl and her 4 babies. I wish I would have had my other camera ready to take these ,but I grabbed the closest one, so the pics aren't the greatest plus it was dark already.

This is mama. She wasn't to happy with my camera.
This is one of the babies.
They look big but they are really very tiny.
Can you see the baby???
Mama flying....
Dear backyard visitors,
Thank for letting us take your pictures. Please stop by again soon.
~The Howell Family
 
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

4 comments:

  1. how neat!
    glad you had a camera near by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Beautiful..I don't think I have ever been this close to one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! We have a big owl that comes and sits on the fence post behind our house in the Fall of the year, when the hay is cut. He likes to feed there. He sits right behind our kitchen window. We've never seen an owl that tame before. Isn't it great to live in an area where there is so much wildlife? Blessings and Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics and I remember when we had one of those near my parents home about 10yrs ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...