~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 19, 2011

Some positives...

Well, we made it through this very tough week. We are waiting on the Lord to remove us from this storm that we are in right now. At the moment we can't see the ending point ,but as my daughter Katie said on her status, "This to shall pass".  Just keep us in your prayers.

Here are a few positives I have tried to focus on these last few days...

Our little granddaughter Brookelyn is clearing up from the allergic reaction she had. Her skin is looking so much better now.

Our foster baby Z is also feeling better. He picked up some kind of bug ,when we took him for a well check, but after a few breathing treatments & meds he is feeling much better. He started using his legs more this week and actually put weight on them and pushed up in my lap at the doc's office. He is setting up for longer periods of time now. We are so proud of our little man and his progress. He is still on his heart monitor ,but we believe he will be able to come off of it very soon because he has been alarm free. Way to go Z !!!!!

I think I mentioned it before, but not for sure. My son-in-law Corey has been working and going to school to be a fire fighter. He passed his first course this week and  he actually had his first call and he handled it wonderfully. We are very proud of him. 

Samantha went back to her OB/GYN this week for a check-up. She is doing great and little baby Carter is perfect. He is kicking like crazy now and growing just as he should. I am so happy for Samantha.

Jacob finished up this year's curriculum. We are going to spend the rest of this school year reveiwing what he has learned. I am proud of my little man. He is one smart cookie.

Well, I guess I should get off. I am going to attempt to do my own taxes...this is a first. I have no idea what I'm doing. I was told even a dummy can do them with turbo tax, so this ones going to try:)

Have a blessed weekend.
 
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he will direct thy paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

5 comments:

  1. God is with you during this storm. Your strength amazes me. Moms are amazing! I hope the storm passes quickly and the rainbow and new growth left behind shows through the darkness. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in my prayers. Yay for some great positive things !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear some positives!!
    ..
    for some reason i didn't realize you were a foster parent as well.
    ..
    thinking of you and yours
    xx
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...