~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Dec 27, 2010

Walking in a winter wonderland...

We woke up this morning with snow still on the ground. It's been a fun few days here in Howellville. The kids have really enjoyed this snow so much (even the young & old ones... like me...*smile*). I haven't even had to beg the kids to go out and play...lol I've had to tell them to come in and warm up instead.
The girls pitched in this morning and fixed a nice warm breakfast. Hubby returned to work after a four day holiday break and me I'm just trying to get caught up in my house and enjoying the kids so much.
Yesterday, we took some really cute pics that I thought I'd share. In the top picture it looks like Katie's walking in a winter wonderland.That picture was taken in our backyard.
The neighbors horses in the snow.
Katie
Ashley
Tiffany & Katie
I hope you are having a wonderful day too!
Now, I'm off to make some snow cream with the kids.
Snow Cream
Ingredients
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup white sugar
1 gallon of clean snow
(Brush away the top layer of snow and collect the middle. Do not scoop down to the bottom. You want the middle layer of snow only)
Directions
In a large bowl, combine evaporated milk or regular milk, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in snow until mixture reaches desired consistency. Eat at once.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!
    And snow cream looks and sounds yummy!
    Too bad we haven't had any snow yet. Hoping we'll get snow before the new year!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in Texas, we don't get snow often. We got some last year and the kids keep asking if we will get more this year. Probably not, but a girl can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't had snow yet, but have had cold weather. These pics are beautiful. Hope you guys had a great Christmas! wb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lov e snow cream , I grew up having it every winter(northern Utah) we still haven't had good snow to male it with my kids. This blizard just missed us. Little z is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...