~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Oct 1, 2010

What's happening in Howellville?


I figured it was about time for a Howellville update.
Here are the things we have going on right here
in our little neck of the woods...
Today I will be taking Ashley to see a new podiatrist. She has been having problems with her feet for the last couple of years. She saw a podiatrist last year that said she had a cyst & a bone spur and he told us to go buy foot pads and new shoes every six months and her foot would heal on it's on. Well, that really hasn't made the cyst nor spur go away. So today, I'm taking her to see another doctor and hopefully he will be able to remove the spur & cyst for good. Keep her in your prayers. Her feet have really been hurting.

We have a very busy weekend planned and I'm really trying to figure out how to squeeze it in.
Friday-Pick up Bailey for the weekend.
Trinton's coming for the weekend.
Girl's Night out with my daughters
Saturday-Jacob has a game
Elijah(a lil friend) has his 3rd birthday party
My mom's half sister Debra has invited me to a party at
her house for her son's graduation.
Sunday-My uncle Randy (from dad's brother) has invited me
to his church Sunday morning to hear his son (my 1st cousin) preach his
first sermon. I don't really know my dad's family that well,
but I thought it was very sweet that he invited me and
I am planning to attend that.
Also on Sunday,
Samatha our oldest will be having a house warming shower.
She is moving in her new home very soon...
I hope she has a great out turn.

Besides the weekend plans,
 here is what else I have on my mind and heart.
Hubby & Jon just got back Alabama visiting my Father-In-Law.
They went over there to help him to get wood up for the winter months.

Ashley has been working on ADAP (Alcohol Drug Awareness Program) and finally passed it so we will be going next week to get her drivers license. Way to go Sassy!!!!!

Katie has been keeping the roads busy. She's also been working alot (babysitting) at a friend's house. It seems since she got license she is always gone. When she's on the go I am a nervous wreck. I had to pray and ask God to forgive me for worrying and not trusting Him. It's just so hard not to worry. Last night, she was out late and I think I called her three or four times. I just couldn't help myself. I love my kids so much.

Lil Jelly Bean is starting to crawl on her knees and she is finally eating baby food. She loves sweet potatoes and squash the best. We were told some good but also sad news about her this week. Our Lil Bean's time is about up with us. Our purpose was to foster her to health, and that's what we did. So starting next week we will start the transition home. Meaning she will be visiting more often and staying longer and eventually over night in her real home.  Then next month, sweet lil Bean will be going home to live. It's good that she will be able to be returned to her real family, but it's always sad for us to say goodbye. So keep Lil Bean, her family, and us in your prayers. Lil Bean's family has said they are willing to keep sharing Lil Bean with us, and that will be awesome if they do. We love when we can keep in touch with our babies. We do have a bond with each of our fosters, that alot of times the birth family don't consider or just can't understand. It's like they take a piece of our heart with them when they go.

Once Lil Bean is home ,we plan to open our home for the next child or children in need. Usually,we take a break for a while to kinda get through the letting go process, but this time we are not going to do that. If another child comes in care needing placement ,then we want to be there for them. I believe this is what God wants me to do.

I started my Christmas shopping this week. I am almost finished with Jacob already. I didn't want to wait around to the last minute. I have only a couple more small items left to pick up for Jacob. I had asked him what would he like for Santa to bring him this year and he gave me some ideas. I really enjoy shopping for kids.
My kids don't get alot of things through out the year, so at Christmas I like to surprise them and get them a few things that they will really enjoy. I'm looking forward to the holidays. Can you believe it's almost here?

Jon got  a new bow and he has been practicing all week with shooting it. He hasn't went hunting with it yet, but I think that's his plan for this weekend. He is a country boy to the bone...just like his daddy.

I started back walking/jogging this week. I kinda had slacked off because it's just been so hot here, but I got motivated with these cooler temps,so Ashley & I have jumped right back in the walking/jogging mode. Maybe I'll shed a few pounds too...that would be nice.

Next week, my goal is to start back working on our shops & sheds. We just have so much stuff that we really don't need or use anymore and I really hate letting this stuff just keep collecting when it could be a blessing to someone else. I have tons of baby stuff, kids stuff, toys, homeschooling books,house stuff, collectibles, etc that need new homes. It's finally getting cool enough to go through the shops & storage.
Well, that's all that I can think of right now.
I hope you all have a great weekend!

God designed each of us
so there would be
no duplication in the world.
Noone has the exact same mix
of factors that make us unique.
That means no one else on earth
will ever be able to play the role
God planned for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...