~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Aug 4, 2010

Happy Birthday To My Twins!!

I will never forget the day that I went in for my sonogram
and the lady said, "I see two!"
"You are having twins!"
That was the one and only sonogram that my Hubby ever missed. I remember coming out and telling him that we were having twins. He didn't believe me...lol He thought I was joking. He had made a comment a few days before that I looked bigger than I did with the other two and he said "You like you are having twins"... He ate those words...lol
And the adventure began....
I was ALL baby...all 40 pounds of baby.
40 doesn't sound like that much until you realize I was barely
100 pounds when I got pregnant. So 40 was huge for me.
The doctors said I'd never carry them to term or even be able to have them naturally. Plus, Jon was laying wrong and because of that neither baby would be able to come naturally. So they scheduled a C-section for August 4th. But, on Aug 3rd, I went into labor. As soon as I got to the hospital things kicked in gear and I was prepared for a C-section. They done a sonogram to check babies positions and to their surprise Baby- B "Jon" had flipped over night. They couldn't believe it,because he had so little room,but he did it.
So I chose to go naturally.
Ashley arrived first after 20+ hours of active labor and two failed epidurals. Jon changed his mind and decided he wanted to stay inside. Finally after 26 minutes and a bag of pitocin they suctioned pulled him out. That was probably the longest most scary minutes of my life. To our surprise, the twins turned out to be the biggest baby I had carried (Ashley- 6 lbs & 10ozs) and the smallest (Jon-5 lbs &12 ozs). I had managed to carry my twins for 39 weeks & 3 days and their weight combined was over 12 pounds...so wonder it was so hard to walk & breathe:)
But, it was sooooooo worth it!!!!!!
They were welcomed home by their big sisters
Anna-age 3 and Katie-age 1.
Yes, I had my hands full but I LOVED it!!!!!!
Everyday was something new.
Below is a picture from their very 1st birthday,
and below is one from their second birthday.
Being the mom of twins has been a blessing.
I have loved being their mom.
I can't thank God enough for my kids.
That was then and this is now...
It's so hard to believe they are really 17 years old. Their baby days have been long gone and replaced now with teen things. If I could go back and re-live their early days I would. I enjoyed them so much, but I still do. I love the people they have turned out to be. At some point along the way our relationship changed a bit from just being mom and child to also being friends. I love you Jon & Ashley with all my heart. You both are so VERY precious to me.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday and many many more.
Love, Mom

3 comments:

  1. My dream growing up, was to have twins..one boy and one girl. After I had my first child though, I realized quickly that I didn't want two at once! lol

    I still love seeing twins though, and we have family that are twin boys. I'm glad you got to experience the joys of twins, and I hope they have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jon and Ashley !!
    I always wanted twins for some reason. Didn't happen ..... I had a friend that we joked with from the first part of her pregnancy and guess what she had twins. Hoping they have many blessings today and always.

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Jon and Ashley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...