~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jul 19, 2010

Updates From Howellville

Here in Howellville we have been VERY busy this weekend. On Friday, we had our regular girls night out. We went shopping & out to eat. I always enjoy spending Fridays with my daughters and with friends.  It's something we started a few years ago and I've really enjoyed the time with my girls. I hope it's something we always share. The boys have their boy's night out with dad too, at the same time we do...usually.
On Saturday, my plans went down the drain, but that's okay...it turned out to be a great Saturday. We had originally planned to attend the annual Homespun festival ,that we always attend. But,the weather wasn't good. I just couldn't picture us taking the babies and it coming a down pour on us(since Homespun is held outdoors), so we decided to pass that up. Instead ,we went to the movies.
The big kids watched "Grown Ups" ,but the little ones and me watched "Despicable Me"..which turned out to be a really cute movie.
I forgot to mention, we also had little Bailey this weekend! She called us on Thursday wanting to come, so we went and got her and she stayed all weekend! I always enjoy having her here with us.
On Sunday, Hubby's mom's side had their family reunion (Dudley & Holder). We had a great turn out and some delicious food. We had a really good time.
After the reunion, my bunch went over to my mom's. She is recovering from back surgery and is doing really good!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!!!!!! I couldn't believe how good she was doing. It made my whole day seeing her feeling better. I expected to see her laying there in pain. She was actually setting up and smiling from ear to ear. She was so happy to see us & the kids.
As I said it's been a very busy weekend,but a really good one.
New pictures coming soon!
Anyhow, I hope you all had a great weekend too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I have resolved that from this day
on, I will do all the business I can
honestly, have all the fun I can
reasonably, do all the good I can
willingly, and to dwell on things
more pleasantly.

4 comments:

  1. So glad your mom is doing well!! That is the best news!!

    Your weekend sounds like it was so wonderful! Very happy for you :) Hope your week will be just as lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sons and I watched "Despicable Me" recently also. Funny movie!
    We too, had a great weekend, so let's continue and have a great week in Motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to lift your mom up to the Lord... God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reunions. My family quit doing them a couple of years ago and I miss them terribly. I'm going to visit my grandmother this weekend and I can't wait. She is my favorite person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...