~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Mar 21, 2010

Being Dumpy

It's been a while since I posted:( I have fallen behind on here. I've lost a couple of my readers,and I'm sure it's because I'm not posting as often as I was or maybe my style of writing has changed a little,or maybe I'm just boring...who knows. I hate to see any readers leave, but I understand. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I'd like on here and I haven't been visiting everyone's blogs as often as I want.
I'm so busy these days. I'm not complaining though,because everybody that knows me knows that I thrive on being busy. I was told when I was a child that the devil rides an idle horse. So I guess I figured if I would just stay busy that he would leave me alone...wrong!!!! Who ever wrote that is sooooo wrong. He rides any horse that will let him.
Last week, it was my turn. It was one of those weeks that the devil tried to attack me and bring me down on ever side. He rode me from the time my feet hit the floor until I went to bed at night. I got up each day just waiting to see what was going to go wrong.
I spent alot of time in prayer & in God's word trying to see how God was working in each situation that came my way...I'm still trying to see it.
I was heavy hearted most of the week. Someone done something that was really wrong and being only human I wanted to blow and tell that person just what I thought of them and what they done, but then God reminded me that it's not my job to do that, but it's his. He reminded me that even though I have a right to be angry, that I had to forgive and love this person anyway. Remember that part, "Be angry, but sin not". I also had to remind myself that as a child of God that I belong to Him and that my actions should represent Him.
Am I the only one God stops in his track????? I see so many around me that are never troubled by the things they say or do to others... I don't understand that ,because God stops me every time . He says, "Don't you do it" and I can't. So pray for me. This is going to be tough to get over. It's gonna take some time for me to move past this. Enough on that. I don't need to be giving credit to Satan here on my blog for the things he's done this week.
Got to think positive...
God has been good to me. He has blessed me much more than I deserve. He really is working in every situation and He always reveals it to me later down the road. It's just hard.
Some good things did happen this past week. We had some beautiful sunny days and temps in the 70's...yay!!!!!
I had a good work week! Most of my babysitting parents have gotten their jobs back now...yay!!!!! So when they have a job, it means I have work too. Thank you Lord for my job.
I submitted my last big test to the school and I'm eagerly waiting on my grade. I'm really confident that I did well. I poured my heart into this project. Now, I'm one step closer to making my dreams come true.
My sweet Bailey came and spent the week with us. After not seeing her for 3 loooong weeks, it sure was nice seeing that sweet little face. and spending time with her. I'm so glad for the time we have had with her. She is a blessing.
Today was weighing day. I've lost 11 pounds now!!!! Only 4 left to my goal weight and then it will be just maintaining it from there.
Well, that's all I have for this time. It's kinda a dumpy post I know. Just pray for me...I really need it.

6 comments:

  1. Sandy,

    Sounds like a lot of great things are intertwined in this blog of difficulties and perhaps that is where the enemy wants your focus.

    Don't give in! Celebrate those success stories, the weight goal, the final test, your beautiful baby coming home soon, and prayer for the situation that is causing you some unneccessary roughness. God can work through that. He can do anything.

    Just keep on praising Him!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. not a dumpy post! i'm proud of you for the 11 pounds!! way to go!! it really sounds like you have enough energy for an army, even if you don't feel like it. the things you do and accomplish each day are an inspiration to us other mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that many of my Christian friends have been being tested in the recent few months. I haven't escaped the trials myself, and it has got me to wondering what wonderful plans God has in store for His children.

    The signs of the age are all around us. Let's not be caught sleeping or low on oil.

    Hugs,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((hugs)) and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. Great job on the weight loss. I sure wish i was on that band wagon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...