~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Jan 6, 2010

The Home Keeper's Journal

Sylvia at Christian Homekeeper Network hosts Homekeepers Journal each Wednesday as "a way to keep your thoughts about life together in one place online". I think this is an awesome idea and I have decided to join in.


What’s happening in my home?….

In my kitchen… I fixed a pot of pasta & sauce and served it with cheese bread for dinner. I just wanted something different.

With our marriage…We haven't had as much couple (alone) time as I'd like lately, but it's okay. We've just been soooooooo busy these last couple of months. However if the snow doesn't mess up our plans we are going on a triple date with two other couples tomorrow night:) Plus, I'm trying hard to talk hubby into going to Jekyll Island in spring for the 2010 fostering conference. It's paid for and we only have to be in class a few hours each day and the rest of the time we are free to do as we please on the Island.

With the children… We are trying to get back on a schedule ,after the Holiday break. Jacob Noah finished up 4 out of five of his books this week, so we are really excited about that. Now we get to move up a level to new books.
The teens are working and I do mean working hard to finish their high school program. Katie has worked so hard these last few days that I feel like I haven't even seen her. I'm really proud they are working hard.

Around the homestead…I managed to get my Christmas decor down ,but they are boxed up everywhere ,because I just can't seem to get motivated enough to carry them to storage. With temps in the teens to low 30's I just don't want to go out. I hate being cold. So over all I feel very cluttered right now and it is driving me nuts but it's okay. I will get it done soon.

In my “Inner Man”…. I am trying hard not to let things get to me or to let others discourage me. It's easy to let petty things drag you down and it's easy to let another's negative attitude rub off on you. I've tried hard not to let this happen to me over these last couple of weeks ... though it has been a struggle not to just blow when I've felt provoked.
I've worked hard to replace the negatives with positives:) But really I don't understand how I couldn't ,because God is just so good:)

5 comments:

  1. Indeed, GOD is awesome and HE always sees us through!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is hard sometimes but God is sooooooo Good. Don't know what I would do without him.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YES, God is AWESOME! Boy do I feel you with being busy! We just started back at school yesterday and I feel cluttered mentally. Ty and I need some alone time. We haven't been out alone to do something fun in awhile. That's def. going to be a must do when our finances pick up. He just started a new job this last Monday. We're praying it's WAY better! Oh that reminds me... your soap will be in the mail Saturday. I'll let you know when it is. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well one way to get all those boxes to storage is to enlist the aid of your children and ask everyone to just grab hold of one or perhaps make a chain of passing them along. I find the more tedious jobs we need to complete are more enjoyable and easy to complete when we ask for help.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is AWESOME! Boy do I feel you with being busy!

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...