~As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~ Joshua 24:15

Nov 24, 2009

Random Dozen

Here is my random dozen from Linda's place:) My answers are in red.


1. Are you sticking to traditional Thanksgiving foods this year, or are you being culinary adventurous? We stick pretty close to traditions. Such as turkey, dressing, gravy, potatoes, corn, baked beans, rolls, salads, and lots of deserts. We do add in new deserts from time to time ,but pretty much that is all that changes.

2. Tell me something concrete that you're thankful for. (Something you can literally touch, see, etc., not a concept like "hope.") My whole family (Hubby,my kids, and all my relatives from birth and marriage).

3. You knew the flip side was coming: Share about something intangible that you're thankful for. That after this I have a home in Heaven awaiting for me.



4. Share one vivid Thanksgiving memory. It doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, just something that remains etched in your memory. The last Thanksgiving my brother was alive. He made it to Mom's that year before us and he was watching out the window waiting on us to get there. He loved having family times at mom's. I will always remember his smiling face when we walked up the stairs that day. I miss him more than ever this time of the year.

5. What is one thing that you know beyond a shadow of a doubt is going to happen this Thanksgiving ,because it always does, year after year? Someone will be missing and someone will be sad because they are.


6. Do your pets get any left-overs? yes,and it's soooooo gross to me. My MIL always sends every ones scraps home in a huge bucket to feed to our pet pig. Our pig loves it but it is so gross to think of all those germs.

7. Does your family pray before the big meal? If so, do you join hands while seated, stand, repeat a formal prayer or offer a spontaneous prayer? Who does the praying? We pray before all of our meals. We also give thanks over our Thanksgiving meal. Usually at Hubby's family dinner Hubby prays over the meal. At my family's dinner either Hubby or myself pray over the meal before we eat. We just all stand and bow our heads.

8. Will you be watching football in the afternoon? If not, what will you be doing? I won't be but the guys always do at my Mom's. The girl's usually set around and talk and look through the sale papers at Friday's big sales and the kids play.


9. There are two distinct camps of people on this issue: How do you feel about oysters in the dressing/stuffing?gross

10. Do you consider yourself informed about the first Thanksgiving? Yes,I am. I homeschool my children so we have heard that story almost every year. I will be reading it again to Jacob this year.

11. Which variety of pie will you be enjoying? Hmmmm...Usually the pies we have are pecan,sweet potato, or a cherry cheesecake.

12. Do you feel for the turkey?? (This is a humorous throw back question related to the 12th question in another Random Dozen!) Not really. God put them here for food. So to be eaten is kinda like their purpose for life. It's kinda like us and our purpose for life. If we never got to serve our purpose that would be like a waisted life.
I know I sound cold hearted ,but really I'm not. I would not be able to kill a turkey myself or any other animal except for maybe snakes & rats...now I could kill them without a second thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog today! Stop by and visit again soon.((hugs)) ~Sandy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...